Sign in to follow this  

Can I resize this?

Not permanently, I believe. To change the rotating view, click on the aircraft image and you can control it with the mouse. To zoom in/out ("resize"), use the + and - keys. Other keys on the numpad will also do things like change rotation speed, view angle, etc.Edit: It's rendered dynamically and not a bitmap you can locate anywhere.Peter

Thanks for you're responses guys, however it appears that it will only work for FS2000. Any other programs you know of that will work for 2002.RegardsLozza

Guest dogknot

Hello Lozza Read my post again (#3). It works for FS2002 (2K2). Happy Flying! :-wave

If this is a GMAX file, tcdfsview-eng may not be able to correct this problem. However, if it is an earlier design it should fix it by pointing it to the correct *.mdl file.

Guest dogknot

Thanks for that clarification wsieffert. I neglected to mention those possibilities. Even back in FS2000, before GMAX, every single model file was not accessible for one reason or another. Thanks again for updating! :-beerchug

Thanks again guys. As you can see by the screenshot above,I am trying to resize the Freeware Flight Group DC10-30. I guess what you're saying is this is a Gmax model. Are their any other programs you know off that resize gmax models?CheersLozza

Guest cast1010

Hi Lozza,After many hours configuring the aircrafts in my library (making them RAFCAD compatible), I learned that the aircraft's preview picture in FS2002 is completely related with the *.mdl file, more specifically, the aircraft radius.I'm not gonna get in detail about RAFCAD because is not the issue in this thread, but I have to tell you that in order to get RAFCAD to work in your system you have to modify all the aircrafts' radius. The way I do it is using AITM (AI Traffic Mover) by Thomas Molitor. Instructions on How to modify the radius is listed in the program's manual (Very very easy to do).Higher the radius, farther the view point in the preview screen. Lower the radius, closer the view. (Guaranteed) Now, the bad news is that you can only modify the radius of GMAX aircrafts, and I think the FFG DC10-30 is not GMAX (I can be wrong), please try with AITM anyway.Hope this helps,Carlos.

Hey CarlosThanks for the tip,and that program looks very good.I'll have to investigate it further but after looking in the aircraft editor it appears you where right and the FFG is not Gmax as the radius box is grayed out. So I guess its back to the drawinmg board.Thanks AgainLozza

I was wondering if its possible to resize the aircraft image shown below? Can you also tell me where this image is kept in FS2002?RegardsLozza