Sign in to follow this  
Guest Airtime

Mooney Payware?

Guest Airtime

I just picked up the Mooney M20J (with the 182 Cessna) from Carenado. While flying the Mooney I got to thinking about the lack of payware Mooneys available. Why hasn't someone done a top quality Bravo, for example (or did I miss it?). I visited the Mooney website and saw the 2008 Acclaim Type S ... wow, wish someone would do a good version of that.AT

Guest JimC1702

I don't have an answer for you, but wanted to thank you for your post. I didn't know Carenado had a "two-fer" with the Mooney and the 182. I was only aware of the 182 and the Cherokee, which I already have.So I bought the Mooney and the 182 this morning. Merry Christmas to me!Jim

Guest Shalomar
I just picked up the Mooney M20J (with the 182 Cessna) from Carenado. While flying the Mooney I got to thinking about the lack of payware Mooneys available. Why hasn't someone done a top quality Bravo, for example (or did I miss it?). I visited the Mooney website and saw the 2008 Acclaim Type S ... wow, wish someone would do a good version of that.AT
I know I saw someone on multi with an acclaim... thought they said it was payware. Tried Googling but all I found was a freeware package at Simviation on Page 24 of FSX Aircraft... This is a Default Flight Simulator 2004 Mooney modified for Flight Simulator X. This Aircraft has a New Panel and a new VC and the Acclaim's high performance Flight Dynamics and the Acclaim's Sleek new shape. This Aircraft is covered in a beautiful Red and Black paint with Alpha Dynamic shine. Making this one beautiful Hot Rod. Texture and updates by Mark Rooks of RSDG Aircraft. 35MB

I know I saw someone on multi with an acclaim... thought they said it was payware. Tried Googling but all I found was a freeware package at Simviation on Page 24 of FSX Aircraft... This is a Default Flight Simulator 2004 Mooney modified for Flight Simulator X. This Aircraft has a New Panel and a new VC and the Acclaim's high performance Flight Dynamics and the Acclaim's Sleek new shape. This Aircraft is covered in a beautiful Red and Black paint with Alpha Dynamic shine. Making this one beautiful Hot Rod. Texture and updates by Mark Rooks of RSDG Aircraft. 35MB
I've got a set of real world repaints for the FSX Mooney Bravo that are taken from the current Acclaim series that I uploaded to AVSIM's file library. They are higher res than the default textures and include a rough set of mods for the Acclaim's higher cruise speeds. Jerry Beckwith worked up a better set of air files with the POH I have for the Acclaim and I will get his permission to share those files if anyone is interested. Just search for Acclaim in FSX aicraft repaints here at AVSIM.Yes, I do wish one of the good developers would do a Mooney series, the Ovation2, Ovation3 and Acclaim especially since the panels in the default aircraft are not laid out like the real world aircraft.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Airtime
I've got a set of real world repaints for the FSX Mooney Bravo that are taken from the current Acclaim series that I uploaded to AVSIM's file library. They are higher res than the default textures and include a rough set of mods for the Acclaim's higher cruise speeds. Jerry Beckwith worked up a better set of air files with the POH I have for the Acclaim and I will get his permission to share those files if anyone is interested. Just search for Acclaim in FSX aicraft repaints here at AVSIM.Yes, I do wish one of the good developers would do a Mooney series, the Ovation2, Ovation3 and Acclaim especially since the panels in the default aircraft are not laid out like the real world aircraft.
Seems they all come with G1000's these days. Man I still have that web page up, sticker price, standard $619,000 and change. Sweet ride.The question still remains, why not more Mooney's? I would be interested in some of the developers opinions on this question. How many Cessnas do we need here? Don't get me wrong, but where are the hot rod Mooney's and why does the payware industry not do them more? I am ready to pay.AT

Seems they all come with G1000's these days. Man I still have that web page up, sticker price, standard $619,000 and change. Sweet ride.The question still remains, why not more Mooney's? I would be interested in some of the developers opinions on this question. How many Cessnas do we need here? Don't get me wrong, but where are the hot rod Mooney's and why does the payware industry not do them more? I am ready to pay.AT
Did you try one of my hi-res paints? The do transform the default Mooney

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest dougwells

While the Acclaim is definitely a sweet ride, a real treat is yanking up the gear manually with the J-Bar on a M-20C, D or E. I'd LOVE to have an older Mooney with a j-bar in FSX.When I was building hours for the airlines, I bought a 1967 M20-E (N6037Q). Put over 500 hours on that beautiful plane. Complete with older vacuum tube nav/com (Mark 12C). I was working as a CFII and helped students transition to a moderately complex plane, commercial ratings and instrument ratings. A student has to be pretty ambitious to go for their IFR rating in a Mooney. They are slick birds. Slowing down for an ILS approach at 90 knotts takes some planning.The most fun was teaching folks to haul up the gear. Natural inclination is just to give it a strong pull. At 100 pounds, this was tough. The secret was to dip the nose down slightly (reduce climb rate from ~800 fpm to 500fpm). That would put a slight negative g-force on the plane, making the gear "weightless". Pulls up smooth as silk with this little modification.GREAT PLANE!