Sign in to follow this  
Guest JollyRoger

Princess Juliana Intl (st Maarten) Scenery

Guest JollyRoger

Hi all!Have some questions about freeware St Maarten scenery:- Which one of these two freeware TNCM sceneries do you recommend / do you think is better?- - 'juliana2.zip' by Christian Delblond (here at AVSIM) OR- - 'tncm_upd.zip' by Robert Fitz (at FlightSim.com) ?- Is 'project_maho_v1.0.zip' by Christopher Ryan (here at AVSIM) compatible with these two TNCM sceneries ?- Is there a good freeware and compatible mesh and / or landclass available for St Maarten ?Thanks a lot for your answers!GreetsJ.R.

Hi all!Have some questions about freeware St Maarten scenery:- Which one of these two freeware TNCM sceneries do you recommend / do you think is better?- - 'juliana2.zip' by Christian Delblond (here at AVSIM) OR- - 'tncm_upd.zip' by Robert Fitz (at FlightSim.com) ?- Is 'project_maho_v1.0.zip' by Christopher Ryan (here at AVSIM) compatible with these two TNCM sceneries ?- Is there a good freeware and compatible mesh and / or landclass available for St Maarten ?Thanks a lot for your answers!GreetsJ.R.

J RThese sceneries should work well together, but add one at a time beginning with the airport senery.For value for price paid purchase Fly Tampa's St Maarten complete package: http://www.flytampa.org.Was there in April 2007 and this package is right on the details, new terminal, the Sunset Beach Bar at Rwy 9, and even the Avis rental car facility.Most everyone will agree this is one of the best out there.Give it a try, Don

Guest JollyRoger
J RThese sceneries should work well together, but add one at a time beginning with the airport senery.For value for price paid purchase Fly Tampa's St Maarten complete package: http://www.flytampa.org.Was there in April 2007 and this package is right on the details, new terminal, the Sunset Beach Bar at Rwy 9, and even the Avis rental car facility.Most everyone will agree this is one of the best out there.Give it a try, Don
Hi DonThanks for your answer. Yeah, the Fly Tampa's scenery looks great. I'll most probably purchase this one. Thanks again.GreetsJ.R.

Definately go for the flytampa scenery.Check out some of their other sceneries aswell you won't regret it! :( Richy

Guest JollyRoger
Definately go for the flytampa scenery.Check out some of their other sceneries aswell you won't regret it! :( Richy
Hey RichyThanks for your post. I spent quite a lot of time on their site and I must agree: Their work is outstanding and prices seem really ok. Looks like there will be a 2nd Christmas for me this year... :( GreetsJ.R. :(

I have to agree that the flytampa scenery for TNCM is outstanding. May I take this opportunity to wish everyone, heath, universal peace and abundance for all in the coming new year.

Guest GAMER

How is flytampa in frame rates? I was thinking of getting it but not if it kills the frame rates.

How is flytampa in frame rates? I was thinking of getting it but not if it kills the frame rates.
My system is an out of the box 4yr+ Dell with 1.5G memory, 256mb video memory, FPS locked at 20 and Active Sky (earlier version).Frame rates hover close to 20 on the ground and in the air. Even the ground animation has no impact on frame rates.Fly Tampa has retained the original terminal in its correct location. The new terminal is in back. With World of AI aircraft packages this airport really comes alive. Get the Air France package and watch the A340 T/O for Paris between 3 and 4 PM. Rwy 9 is less than 7700 ft and with the hill in the distance, it is a pretty site in itself. Please get this one and also World of AI.Have fun, Don

Guest GAMER
My system is an out of the box 4yr+ Dell with 1.5G memory, 256mb video memory, FPS locked at 20 and Active Sky (earlier version).Frame rates hover close to 20 on the ground and in the air. Even the ground animation has no impact on frame rates.Fly Tampa has retained the original terminal in its correct location. The new terminal is in back. With World of AI aircraft packages this airport really comes alive. Get the Air France package and watch the A340 T/O for Paris between 3 and 4 PM. Rwy 9 is less than 7700 ft and with the hill in the distance, it is a pretty site in itself. Please get this one and also World of AI.Have fun, Don
I'll have to check it out.