Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnnyvk

Updating scenery files all the time

Guest danowat

Hi,I have noticed that every time I start FS2002 now I get the updated scenery files screen, even though I have not installed any new scenery.Why does it do this, and how can I stop itThanks in advanceDan.

U can also get this screen if u have been "playing" about with your airport files and .bgl files. ?? Only asked.

You may have duplicate traffic.bgl(s) in your scenery folders. You may also have a fouled scenery.cfg file.You might download scanbglsV2.zip or afcad140.zip by Lee Swordy and run the scan bgls program to see if it finds any corrupt files.

Guest Johnnyvk

Hi ! i have been reading the forum for years and finally decided to sign up and post.I had this problem start up last week where ms2002 is "updating scenery files " everytime i start it up even when i do not add any files.The only things that i did that i can think of is i installed simflyers CYYZ scenery,flight1 piper meridian,the CYQB ver2 quebec city scenery,and updated navdata for pic767,dreamfleet737,and PSSaircraft,all roughly around the time this started.I'm not sure which if any of these caused the problem.Did you add any of these files recently? I would like to track down this annoying problem and make it go away! johnnyvk

Dan,I am getting this scenery update also for no apparent reason, but not everytime. I am going to keep better track of what I do and see if I can track it down. It is very annoying since it takes forever to finish and then you still have to load your regular scenery. Maybe someone has a good idea on what it is.Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest Johnnyvk

Hi again,I am still having this problem going on with "updating scenery files" everytime I run fs2002.i did a search for SCANBGLSV2 in the file library but could not find it.is that the correct name? Also i notice odd letter and number files like this 10a1,2123,41e4,50b6,52f3 etc. building up in the fs2002 root directory(about 5 or 10 or more) of them.I delete them and new number files reappear.i think it may be related to this promblem but i'm no expert.i'm stumped.any more ideas? johnnyvk

Guest racartron

Do a search for the author -- Lee Swordy. I have the app (it's only 56k) and it solved my problem by finding two corrupted BGL files. Eliminating them not only stopped the dreaded "rebuilding database" issue but cleared up another nagging problem where some airports were no longer available for selection.BTW, the app came out around 9 March 2003Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

Guest Johnnyvk

Hi everyone!problem solved! i finally found the file SCANBGLS.ZIP and ran it and found the problem within minutes.It found the offending BGL file and I removed it and the problem is solved.If anyone else is having this problem i suggest you try SCANBGLS.ZIP and your problems will be over in minutes.thanks everyone for your help.I am a happy pilot again! johnnyvk