Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmce

Engine Start

Guest rmce

Can anyone advise me on how to get quick start CTRL + E to operate with Wilco's 737?I have been away from simming for a while, and am very rusty, or am just having one of many 'senior' moments.Alos, am I right in saying that GPS does not apply to this 737 as FMS is the main management system handling everything.I cannot see a NAV/GPS switch, hence making this assumption.Any help gratefully received.RMCEScotland

Guest 56th_Angel_Dust

Most payware aircraft are going to require you use the FMC, as its more realistic than the GPS system.I don't know about the engine, I have their E Jets series and I had their 777, was a piece of crap so I uninstalled it.

Guest rmce
Most payware aircraft are going to require you use the FMC, as its more realistic than the GPS system.I don't know about the engine, I have their E Jets series and I had their 777, was a piece of crap so I uninstalled it.
Thanks for reply.So, its FMC learning curve then!I have been away from Fs for a while, so new things to learn. I must say the Wico 737 PIC does look and feel good.Thanks again,rmceScotland

Guest JIMJAM

I am considering buying it "AGAIN".I had it for fs9 and although not visually impressive it flew well.Now that Fspassengers X is out I need a decent 737 which is my short/med plane of choice.]I am not into the FMC programing and want a gps.So on all my planes I add one and simply bring it up and use my heading bug to fly the route.I have far to many planes and helis to spent to much on any one system and fmc so adding a gps and for getting my quick airliner Captain fix, this is easist way for me to do it.

Guest rmce
I am considering buying it "AGAIN".I had it for fs9 and although not visually impressive it flew well.Now that Fspassengers X is out I need a decent 737 which is my short/med plane of choice.]I am not into the FMC programing and want a gps.So on all my planes I add one and simply bring it up and use my heading bug to fly the route.I have far to many planes and helis to spent to much on any one system and fmc so adding a gps and for getting my quick airliner Captain fix, this is easist way for me to do it.
JJSeems that 737 PIC is dependant on FMC.Unless I am getting that wrong!Happy New Year! Have a wee Glenlivet on me!rmceScotland

Can anyone advise me on how to get quick start CTRL + E to operate with Wilco's 737?I have been away from simming for a while, and am very rusty, or am just having one of many 'senior' moments.Alos, am I right in saying that GPS does not apply to this 737 as FMS is the main management system handling everything.I cannot see a NAV/GPS switch, hence making this assumption.Any help gratefully received.RMCEScotland
RMCE,I made this post earlier, and apparently sent it into oblivion, but it could show up twice.I have and use the FSX version of the PIC 737 with Vista, and IMHO it's a very good add-on for the money.Starting engines requires a series of actions, mostly involving the Overhead Panel, as in the real aircraft. Also as pointed out in the other posts, the PIC 737 is designed to use the FMC for Navigation and control, both lateral and vertical, which is more realistic than using the FSX GPS. You MUST read the manuals to effectively use the PIC 737, any of the PMDG planes, and any other add-on with a near-realistic Flight Management System the way they were designed to be operated. Also, you must decide on some sort of a "neutrality agreement" with the Flight Sim ATC system, as Flight SimATC is not designed for FMC Lateral and Vertical naviigation or to use the Digital Approach/Departure Procedures.This sounds like a lot of trouble for more realism, but once you get into it I think you will enjoy it. I have been immersed in learning how to operate the PMDG MD-11, more complicated and more expensive than the PIC 737, for a couple of weeks now, and still have a long way to go. It has been very entertaining.Regards,Thrakete

Guest JIMJAM

I have the PMDG MD-11 but its just to big for most of my fantasy Fspassengers routes.I am a real world 25 yr pilot and understand the FMC backwards and forwards but to be honest,just do not want to program it anymore than I want to start from cold/dark or file a flight plan.This is my play time where I can pass a 747 taxiing or ignore atc and land on the grass.So far with FspassengersX Ive tried the default KingAir, too small, the 737 and 747,terrible flight models and just tried the Aerosoft Twin otter.The flight from FlyTampa's TNCM to St Barts went well but on the steep approach into Barts, the screams from the passengers and co pilot reminded me the program is more large jet oriented.

I am considering buying it "AGAIN".
unless you are using VISTA, you can download the CD migration to FSX (for winXP), or download from wilco (if purchased from wilco) the FSX version (again, for winXP) at no additional cost. only the VISTA update requires a new purchased. if you already have the winXP version your can buy just the update (less $$ than purchasing the full sim.)
I am not into the FMC programing and want a gps.
i suggest freeware if you don't want to use the FMC ... which is central to the feelThere/wilco simulation.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Seems that 737 PIC is dependant on FMC.
You can fly a (real) 737 without ever using FMC. You can even use full functionality of the autopilot (except VNAV) and shoot approaches. It is not very realistic but it can be done. Of course if you want to know where you are going - you need FMC or some other substitute method.

You can fly a (real) 737 without ever using FMC. You can even use full functionality of the autopilot (except VNAV) and shoot approaches. It is not very realistic but it can be done. Of course if you want to know where you are going - you need FMC or some other substitute method.
All correct of course. You can operate the PIC 737 add-on or the PMDG models any way you like. That's why I added "the way they were designed to be operated" to my comment on using the FMC. As one post pointed out, you can even add and use an FSX GPS and navigate by it if you like. The PIC 737 manual makes it clear that you can fly it manually, by using the autopilot controls, with LNAV/VNAV, or use a mixture of these. However, getting back to the original post, I don't think you can by-pass setting up the airplane for start (at least once) with the Overhead Panel. Once it is started, I think you can save that situation and start from that point from then on. The FMS has nothing to do with starting the engines by the way, it only controls them on takeoff and in flight, and then only if you want it to.The same applies to the PMDG add-ons, but it wouldn't make much sense to buy PMDG's products if you don't want to use the features that make them more expensive than other software.An active airline pilot once told me he used MS Flight Sim for entertainment "because I can't cruise the real one at 500 feet off the ground and keep my job". Regards,Thrakete

Guest PPSFA

I add the FSX default GPS to all my 'FMC' planes, for a variety of reasons, #1 being the moving map.If you dont want to mess with the startup procedures,and I understand cause I dont usually either, load a default plane, set it up the way you want it, save it. Then switch to the 737 and all systems should be about where you want them.