Sign in to follow this  
Guest abz

Repeat Weather Briefing?

Guest abz

When I first start RC, I obtain the weather briefing by using keyboard #2 and the briefing goes fine. Then I get the options of weather briefing again or to contact ground. If I missed something in the weather briefing, I donot seem to be able to hear the recording again. When I use keyboard #2 again, the RC window briefly says standby but then no repeat weather recording. Should you be able to hear the weather briefing a second time or more for that manner since it is listed as an option? Thanks, Al

When I first start RC, I obtain the weather briefing by using keyboard #2 and the briefing goes fine. Then I get the options of weather briefing again or to contact ground. If I missed something in the weather briefing, I donot seem to be able to hear the recording again. When I use keyboard #2 again, the RC window briefly says standby but then no repeat weather recording. Should you be able to hear the weather briefing a second time or more for that manner since it is listed as an option? Thanks, Al
you can always tune the radio to the atis frequency, and hear the weather. that is all the menu item does, is tune the radio for youjd

Guest abz
you can always tune the radio to the atis frequency, and hear the weather. that is all the menu item does, is tune the radio for youjd
Thanks jd: Yes I understand. But I have the volume turned off in FS ATC so I do not hear 2 recordings simultaneously.I just wanted to know if it is supposed to play again if re-activated or is this normal to only hear it once?Thanks, Al

It does not use FS but RC voicing. Try tuning the receiver back as jd states.To clarify, are you stating that once you go to another function requiring tuning you can't get it? Otherwise it loops until you do so., if I remember correctly.

Thanks jd: Yes I understand. But I have the volume turned off in FS ATC so I do not hear 2 recordings simultaneously.I just wanted to know if it is supposed to play again if re-activated or is this normal to only hear it once?Thanks, Al
you don't need ms atc to speak the weather. rc will repeat the weather every 60 seconds, on the atis frequency. dial in the atis frequency into comm 1, and wait for the loop to startjd