Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Where Does The Sim (747x) Read Ils Bearings From?

Hi, Richard Stefan (Navdata) is currently doeing some research on this problem. If it all goes well, he will try to calculate the courses in the AIRAC Files against TRUE heading. With this method the headings will match with the FS9 Magnetic Variation and NOT with the current Real World magnetic Variation. The result is that the rwy's in the ND will match to the FS9 hdg'sJan-Paul

Hi, Richard Stefan (Navdata) is currently doeing some research on this problem. If it all goes well, he will try to calculate the courses in the AIRAC Files against TRUE heading. With this method the headings will match with the FS9 Magnetic Variation and NOT with the current Real World magnetic Variation. The result is that the rwy's in the ND will match to the FS9 hdg'sJan-Paul
Dear Jan-Paul,Thanks for your help but this problem appears to be an FSX issue (at least it is for me). Interesting if it is happening in FS9 too though. RegardsDuncan

My test above was in FS9 at KMEM (default scenery).Try the registry fix.

Dan Downs KCRP

My test above was in FS9 at KMEM (default scenery).Try the registry fix.
I certainly will if that's the official line. I will report back. Happy new year.Duncan

Tried it again last night at a default airport and was still off centre. However, did the registry fix today and flew from EGLL - EGTG (Heathrow - Filton) and right down the centreline! Thanks for all your help especially Dan and Harry, and congratulations on a great aircraft.

Tried it again last night at a default airport and was still off centre. However, did the registry fix today and flew from EGLL - EGTG (Heathrow - Filton) and right down the centreline! Thanks for all your help especially Dan and Harry, and congratulations on a great aircraft.
Duncan,Good to see you solved it (the easy way).Happy flying!Harry