Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

AFCAD 1.4

I assume from the directions in AFCAD 1.4 you can set a specific gate to accept aircraft from a given airline. I setup a gate as follows:ParkingSpec.11=39.00,Gate Medium,Southwest. I setup 5 gates to accept aircraft using the specfication above. My goal was to have all of the aircraft from Southwest to park at these gates. However, AI Traffic still puts the airplanes all over the airport. Should I change something in the individual aircraft.cfg file(s)? Appreciate your help.

Guest sunstriker

HiI think you need to look at RAFCAD this system is designed to facilitate what you want.I dont think you can do that in AFCAD. -someone shoot me if Im wrongSun

Guest Captain Barfbag

Put away your bullet-proof vest. You're right. AFCAD is used to set the radius of each gate, but then you need something like AITM to set the radius of each aircraft. The RAFCAD information is on ProjectAI. It sounds a lot more overwhelming than it really is. You can set all of your aircraft radii in an hour or so. The table of values is on the ProjectAI web site, too. Of course, FS2002 uses gate radii in feet, and aircraft radii in meters, so you'll have to live with that.Also note that a few aircraft have old FS2000 .air files, and you can't set the radius. The default Learjet and the default Cessna 182RG are like that, as well as the FS2000 Concorde.

Guest sunstriker

Pheew relieved.BTW your name makes me sick lolSun

Guest Stamatis

"I setup a gate as follows: ParkingSpec.11=39.00,Gate Medium,Southwest."Pardon me, but are you sure you are referring to AFCAD?I do not recall seing such instructions as above in AFCAD.Stamatis

Guest Captain Barfbag

The "parkingspec" stuff is in AFCAD.ini, the data file that AFCAD reads on startup. If you just use the program, this is transparent to the user. If you look at the Properties information for a parking place you will see some of this information.Generally, this file doesn't get edited, but you can use it to customize your AFCAD settings. For example, I still use Midway Airlines hubbing in Raleigh-Durham (KRDU.) Midway is no longer in service, but it was one of my first texture downloads, and the planes are more attractive than most, so I've got a sentimental attachment. Since RAFCAD doesn't have a setting for Midway, I modified the Aloha line to read Aloha/Midway, since these two airlines don't share terminal space anywhere I know of.

Guest Stamatis

Still confused. Are you referring to RAFCAD or AFCAD? I am only referring to AFCAD, do not use RAFCAD.Is an entry like ParkingSpec.11=39.00,Gate Medium,Southwest supported by AFCAD 1.4? First time I hear that AFCAD allows you to link a gate to a specific airline. If it is indeed possible, I would love to learn how to do it :-) But please do not refer me to RAFCAD."If you look at the Properties information for a parking place you will see some of this information"I always work with the Properties menu for Gates, but I have never seen a reference to an airline inside this menu box to date, hence my confusion.Stamatis

Stamatis, You have to get that information from the Project AI site. It involves inputing text into the afcad.ini file. AFCAD doesn't come with it. Look up RAFCAD at Project AI.:-waveSteve

Guest Stamatis

As far as I know, RAFCAD links a Gate to an airline via an indirect method: by assigning the aircraft of a particular airline a specific gate radius and then using AFCAD to place Gates with such specific radius to the locations where such airliners should park.But, again as far as I know, there is no link that I know of between an airline and a Gate.Even under AFCAD, if an airliner has a gate radius that fits a particular Gate, it will be assigned that Gate regardless of which airline the aircraft belongs to.Am I wrong?Stamatis

using rafcad you can assign airlines to gates without using overlays ..you have to do two things to make it work:1.install a RAFCAD aiport using AFCAD2.change the radius of the aircraft model according to the airline matrix (changing the radius can be done using AITM)for more detailed info please check: http://projectai.flight1.net/forums/forum_...asp?TID=56&PN=1wish u luck,Jan van HeckeRafcad DesignerProject AI Rafcad Devision

Haven't tried to RAFCAD any airports yet. One Q. Do you have to sort the parking from smallest to largest to get the RAFCADs to work right?scott s..

Guest Captain Barfbag

You don't have to sort the gates in any order. FS2002 will go down the list until it finds the smallest gate that the aircraft will fit in. It only uses order when there are gates of identical size. In that case, it will take them in the order you see in the Lists-Parking dialog.To clear up some of the confusion from my earlier post - The Properties window does not show the Airline associated with the radius value. However, if you select an airline from the Gate Size box in the upper right corner of the AFCAD screen and then create a gate, it will have the radius associated with that airline. Editing the afcad.ini file "ParkingSpec" values allows you to set the radius for each airline and aircraft type. The original AFCAD just had Gate Heavy, Gate Medium, Gate Small and a number of "Ramp" size assignments. The current version comes with the standard set for RAFCAD, in addition to the originals.