Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Fex Works Well With Rex And Gex

As a GEX and FEX user, I was, like others enthralled with the new REX textures (not weather). I then bought REX. I've been happy and mistakenly thought I had to give up FEX. Then I bought the new ASA for weather and used GEX and REX. But I read that by adding FEX to the mix that it worked quite well and quite spectacularly with the others. Well, I re-loaded that program and I'm more than pleasantly surprised. The clouds never looked better, and I'm not feeling any frame hit with all these GREAT programs running together.I want to take the time to thank all the developers for these fantastic programs that make my beloved sim better than ever. I only feel sorry for the FS9 "hangers on", because I believe that FSX is the best sim available to flight simmers now. If you haven't switched to this new venue, I would encourage you to look at all the wonderful developments that have occurred in the last 6 months. WOW!Stanps. I hope this X stuff isn't too confusing.

As a GEX and FEX user, I was, like others enthralled with the new REX textures (not weather). I then bought REX. I've been happy and mistakenly thought I had to give up FEX. Then I bought the new ASA for weather and used GEX and REX. But I read that by adding FEX to the mix that it worked quite well and quite spectacularly with the others. Well, I re-loaded that program and I'm more than pleasantly surprised. The clouds never looked better, and I'm not feeling any frame hit with all these GREAT programs running together.I want to take the time to thank all the developers for these fantastic programs that make my beloved sim better than ever. I only feel sorry for the FS9 "hangers on", because I believe that FSX is the best sim available to flight simmers now. If you haven't switched to this new venue, I would encourage you to look at all the wonderful developments that have occurred in the last 6 months. WOW!Stanps. I hope this X stuff isn't too confusing.
Yep indeed a great combination :-)

André

So what textures exactly are you using FEX for ?
I'm using it for iit's overall contribution to the sim. I'm assuming that the clouds are a combination of FEX and REX as well as other textures. It was my understanding from reading about it on another forum that the programs complement each other rather than replace the other.That is correct...isn't it?Stan

I'm using it for iit's overall contribution to the sim. I'm assuming that the clouds are a combination of FEX and REX as well as other textures. It was my understanding from reading about it on another forum that the programs complement each other rather than replace the other.That is correct...isn't it?Stan
Not quite Stan. If you just use defaults, then the last one you load will be used. However, if you manually select say cumulus clouds from REX and Cirrus clouds from FEX and stratus clouds from XGraphics then they will all work together.Also, the snapshot feature of ASA works for you - load your favorite FEX textures and take a snapshot. Then load REX textures and take a snapshot. Then when running ASA you can select as you choose.Lot's of flexibility with ASA and available textures.Enjoy!Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors