Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

29dec08: Fs9 Md-11 Release Update

Captains-Just a quick note to give you some updated information on our release expectations for the PMDG MD-11 for FS9...As you all are well aware by now, PMDG does not publish release dates because our experience has been that they are virtually meaningless when it comes to proper software development practices.On 12DEC08 I published an update in which I told you that we were hoping to release before Christmas, but would certainly release before the end of 2008... I probably should have deleted that sentence, in retrospect.We have been struggling to find solutions for some problems that have created havoc with our attempts to get the MD-11 model properly imported to FS9. The fact is that FS9 is a very outdated platform, and it offers very severely limited capabilities when compared to FSX.Tonight we had a short discussion to review where we are, and to compare thoughts of key developers on the team with respect to our release expectations, and we have adjusted our timeline outward once again to include the time between 02JAN to 05JAN.While we have a releasable product on our hands right now- we feel that a few more days of testing and tweaking will make the difference between a very good release and an excellent release.Either way- we are essentially finished- we are just working out some last minute details to make the product meet your expectations.For those who have purchased the COMBO that includes the FSX and FS9 version: Keep an eye on your email. We will be sending download links to all of you before we release the product to the general public. You will get a few hours jump on everyone else. ;-)To all of you who have been waiting patiently (or impatiently!) for the PMDG MD-11 to appear in FS9, the wait is nearly over. We appreciate your patience- and we look forward to delivering an MD-11 simulation that exceeds your expectations!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert,Thank you for the update. I am looking forward to the release.Dan

Guest keiron

Hey there Captain Rsrandazzo and the PMDG team, it's no big deal on my side, besides the 12th DEC seemed like only a few days ago! I think time compression kicked in though as I have enjoyed the winter holiday :( When the work is all said done, I'm positive I'll have a smile from east to west, whilst flying the MD-11. I look forward to kicking off the new year of flightsimming sometime with the fresh and the new. Big thumbs up.

The fact is that FS9 is a very outdated platform, and it offers very severely limited capabilities when compared to FSX.
I am surprised everyone didn't switch to FSX just because of the MD-11. It's worth it. Well, of course it's easy for me to say because I've been using FSX since the day it was released... Still, it's great you are going through so much trouble to give the FS9-people this great plane. I wonder though if it will be just as good (in all aspects) as the FS9 version... I really think people who stick with FS9 are missing out something special... It IS indeed a very outdated platform...Anyway, I remember reading somewhere the release of the FS9 version would also be the releasedate of the first patch for the FSX version. Did I read this right or not? Not that I am eagerly awaiting a patch, because right now I've found nothing wrong in my MD-11! But I'm just curious. :(

I am surprised everyone didn't switch to FSX just because of the MD-11. It's worth it. Well, of course it's easy for me to say because I've been using FSX since the day it was released... Still, it's great you are going through so much trouble to give the FS9-people this great plane. I wonder though if it will be just as good (in all aspects) as the FS9 version... I really think people who stick with FS9 are missing out something special... It IS indeed a very outdated platform...Anyway, I remember reading somewhere the release of the FS9 version would also be the releasedate of the first patch for the FSX version. Did I read this right or not? Not that I am eagerly awaiting a patch, because right now I've found nothing wrong in my MD-11! But I'm just curious. :(
Mmmm.... there are things wrong with my MD-11, like the VC antialiasing text bug. i can't read anything unless i use a biiiiig zoom.To the team: We, FSX users can't get the patch sooner?Thanks a lot :)

Juan Ramos

:( thank you PMDG for the news, so we can take the holidays without any anxiety and have not to scan the forum every 5 min till the 2 of genuarybye and have a good new year :(

:( Thanks for the update Robert!As of 2nd of Jan, I will set my "check for new messages" at a 5sec interval :( :( B) Regards,Frank

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for the update. Please take as long as is necessary. No panic.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest HeavyMetal

Thank you for the update Robert. I will be patiently waitiing for this wonderful product..

Dear PMDG teamWhat's about FSX softaware update and advanced tutorial. Please a short update news, too.Thanks and best regardsMarcel

Captains-Just a quick note to give you some updated information on our release expectations for the PMDG MD-11 for FS9...As you all are well aware by now, PMDG does not publish release dates because our experience has been that they are virtually meaningless when it comes to proper software development practices.On 12DEC08 I published an update in which I told you that we were hoping to release before Christmas, but would certainly release before the end of 2008... I probably should have deleted that sentence, in retrospect.We have been struggling to find solutions for some problems that have created havoc with our attempts to get the MD-11 model properly imported to FS9. The fact is that FS9 is a very outdated platform, and it offers very severely limited capabilities when compared to FSX.Tonight we had a short discussion to review where we are, and to compare thoughts of key developers on the team with respect to our release expectations, and we have adjusted our timeline outward once again to include the time between 02JAN to 05JAN.While we have a releasable product on our hands right now- we feel that a few more days of testing and tweaking will make the difference between a very good release and an excellent release.Either way- we are essentially finished- we are just working out some last minute details to make the product meet your expectations.For those who have purchased the COMBO that includes the FSX and FS9 version: Keep an eye on your email. We will be sending download links to all of you before we release the product to the general public. You will get a few hours jump on everyone else. ;-)To all of you who have been waiting patiently (or impatiently!) for the PMDG MD-11 to appear in FS9, the wait is nearly over. We appreciate your patience- and we look forward to delivering an MD-11 simulation that exceeds your expectations!

Dear PMDG TEAMMany thanks for your greatful and professional management to want to release a so exceptionnal addon as everytime . ( Different as others where we never go more ) . thanks for news.We can wait again ( even if with our passion we are like kids !!! so impatient but it is also funny and shows how we appreciate your products ) it will more pleasure when we will get it and we wish all the best for the fs9 version and next others ones . Happy new year coming wishing you a great succes in all your products . regardsPatrick

PMDG: Thank you for the Update! And thank you for your hard work !Observation:I am a bit confused about the comments: "FS9 is out-dated" I don't understand since when, or where, or even how could it be out-dated.The Flight simming-world has two types of simmers: (1) The Enthusiasts, and (2) The Serious-Pro SimmersAs a Serious-Pro Simmer it's almost impossible for me to see FS9 as "outdated." Besides my own computer, I tried FS10 (with NO professional add-ons)-- in a US gaint electronics store, where they built a $6,000 computer with all the latest harwdware, updates, tweaks and technology...And as you've read on my otherr posts-- FS10 no where comes close to FS9 in performance ! Period !Like 99.9% of Serious-Pro Simmers, I have invested tons of dollars in profesional add-ons for FS9; making flying almot a climax on every flight, with breath-taking scencery and superperb-professional airliner add-ons. Programmable, almost true-to-life airliners such as, PSS, Wilco, Level D, and PMDG add-ons proof that FS9 is as real as it gets... yet! Sure, from "marketing" point-of-view, FS10 is the latest in flight simulation; but, from a serious-pro-simmer point-of-view, FS10 is simply USELESS-- or almost. This time Microsoft seemed to have tried very hard to make the Flight Simulation Community, very unhappy! What's there to, then? Nothing much but to wait and see what FS11 will bring. Has Microsoft learnt a lesson, we'll see... If not, "Those who do not learn by their previous mistakes are/will be condemned to repeat them !!!However, if Microsoft comes up with a useable-- and widely acceptable-- FS11, will FS10 be "outdated" or '"obsolete?" -- Absolutely !!! Unless Intel and AMD (and ATI and Nvidia) stop playing the marketing game of " every quarter we've come up with the latest and best technology" by increasing a notch, graduallly, on something they already knew 10 years ago !!!Thanks,John Gonzalez

"FS9 is out-dated"To cut things short, technically, it means that the feature FS9 provides compared with FSX is out of date. For software developer, the FSX can offer them Bumpmaps, gauge backlighting 3DSound Cones and so on while FS9 not, they justified "out of date" by features not by user number.