Sign in to follow this  
Jakob Arnholtz

Megasceneryearth Slow Download

Hi. :( I am experiencing slooow downloadspeed. at the MegaSceneryEarth Instant Download Store. I am using DAP as accelerator, but I am only recieving 114kb/s Is there a problem with the MegaSceneryEarth servers, or is the problem in my end? I am a little bit worried, since the downloadlink expires in 7 days.Merry ChristmasJakob Arnholtz

I was only getting 54kb last week while downloading Colorado. Used two computers to get my 15 files done. It wasn't my ISP, since I got 54 kb on both computers when I fired the second one up. The server must be really busy. If figured it was just the load.

I was only getting 54kb last week while downloading Colorado. Used two computers to get my 15 files done. It wasn't my ISP, since I got 54 kb on both computers when I fired the second one up. The server must be really busy. If figured it was just the load.
Happy you!I am getting max 45kb and very often the download stops and I get an invalide zip file.Very frustrating!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Happy you!I am getting max 45kb and very often the download stops and I get an invalide zip file.Very frustrating!
Same with me! I was getting only 35kb last night and then download stopped and I must restart (their files do not allow resume). Since I purchased 6 Colorado files last week, I continuously had troubles downloading file 03, until I could not download any more because I had reached the maximum downloads allowed. I sent them an e-mail, asking to reset my counter and finally got an answer yesterday. I started another download at 7:30 am european time and it stopped again. I restarted at noon and I am crossing my fingers...Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

I is a relief to her from you. I have tried to contact the downloadstore or support, but this cannot be done. All attepts are met with a ''Invalid e-mailadress! Please Correct'' message. I know I am using the correct e-mailadress, since I have logged in as a user. Interessting to know, that their files do not allow resume. That might explain, why my files are coorupted upon pause.I think the people at MegaSceneryEarth should prolonge the Download period, since the obviously are having problems with their servers. Alle the above mensioned annoyanceses aside, the product looks absolutely stunning. I have on the quiet looked at Salt Lake City, and I am deeply impressed. Bravo megasceneryEarth!!!KindlyJakob Arnholtz

I is a relief to her from you. I have tried to contact the downloadstore or support, but this cannot be done. All attepts are met with a ''Invalid e-mailadress! Please Correct'' message. I know I am using the correct e-mailadress, since I have logged in as a user. Interessting to know, that their files do not allow resume. That might explain, why my files are coorupted upon pause.I think the people at MegaSceneryEarth should prolonge the Download period, since the obviously are having problems with their servers. Alle the above mensioned annoyanceses aside, the product looks absolutely stunning. I have on the quiet looked at Salt Lake City, and I am deeply impressed. Bravo megasceneryEarth!!!KindlyJakob Arnholtz
Same thing here with the email address Jakob.I wrote them to megasceneryearth@pcaviator.com yesterday morning and I expect a quick answer!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest UlfB
Hi. :( I am experiencing slooow downloadspeed. at the MegaSceneryEarth Instant Download Store. I am using DAP as accelerator, but I am only recieving 114kb/s Is there a problem with the MegaSceneryEarth servers, or is the problem in my end? I am a little bit worried, since the downloadlink expires in 7 days.Merry ChristmasJakob Arnholtz
Maybe new business for PCAviator? Buy 200Kbps base bandwidth for 4$. You may increase the bandwidth with 50Kbps increments only for 2$ a piece :(EDITED: I purchased the FSD Commander a couple of minutes ago and the download is painfully slow at 44 KB/sec. Good thing that this download is only 100MB :(

Well, my download has been interrupted at 610 MB. I am close to give up until their downloads are resumable by a downloadmanager. Until then I am not going to purchase from pcaviator any more.Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Guest UlfB
Well, my download has been interrupted at 610 MB. I am close to give up until their downloads are resumable by a downloadmanager. Until then I am not going to purchase from pcaviator any more.Jean-Jacques
It's not resumable??? You can't be serious :(

It's not resumable??? You can't be serious :(
No their downloads are not resumable. Considering the size of the files and the 7 days download account, this is not satisfactory ( to put it mildly!)KindlyJakob Arnholtz

No their downloads are not resumable. Considering the size of the files and the 7 days download account, this is not satisfactory ( to put it mildly!)KindlyJakob Arnholtz
I see 4 problems that keep this product from possibly being "revolutionary" and possibly backfiring ultimately:1) 7 days is for sure not enough time-especially with the file sizes2) A limit on the number of retrys-now really pushing it when added to #13) Quality of the product is uneven, and the end user should know up front before purchasing which are high quality and which are not. This will really backfire as those downloading only poor quality coverage will say nothing but bad things about this product-and consumers tend to focus on the bad. Also, it would be nice if the consumer who purchases these poor quality areas would get an upgrade when the end server improves their quality-which I expect to happen over time-which also negates #1 and #2. Seems to me once purchased-it is purchased.I had a situation where I purchased Voz Australia Blue last year-promtly went on a two week vacation, came home, found my computer crashed, and myself past the download grace period at that point. I don't like that kind of policy anymore.4) Download speed and reliability ( I found the trick was to only download 1 area at a time in my case-trying two seemed to "break it" with slow and broken downloads as a result).

I see 4 problems that keep this product from possibly being "revolutionary" and possibly backfiring ultimately:1) 7 days is for sure not enough time-especially with the file sizes2) A limit on the number of retrys-now really pushing it when added to #13) Quality of the product is uneven, and the end user should know up front before purchasing which are high quality and which are not. This will really backfire as those downloading only poor quality coverage will say nothing but bad things about this product-and consumers tend to focus on the bad. Also, it would be nice if the consumer who purchases these poor quality areas would get an upgrade when the end server improves their quality-which I expect to happen over time-which also negates #1 and #2. Seems to me once purchased-it is purchased.I had a situation where I purchased Voz Australia Blue last year-promtly went on a two week vacation, came home, found my computer crashed, and myself past the download grace period at that point. I don't like that kind of policy anymore.4) Download speed and reliability ( I found the trick was to only download 1 area at a time in my case-trying two seemed to "break it" with slow and broken downloads as a result).
I will add a fifth point Geof, the absolute lack of support.It's impossible to reach them via their Contact form (there's a bug in the script), they don't answer to emails and if their forum exists it's only thanks to some brave volunteers that are not part of the dev team.

Best regards,
David Roch

:--)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Best regards,
David Roch