Sign in to follow this  
Jakob Arnholtz

Megasceneryearth Slow Download

I have also experienced download problems. MANY aborted downloads, and very slow server data transfer rates. I don't think I will try to obtain other areas until these problems are fixed. I have had failures at 700MB, and had to restart all over because the server does not support the ability to continue. Very frustrating!Jim

I have also experienced download problems. MANY aborted downloads, and very slow server data transfer rates. I don't think I will try to obtain other areas until these problems are fixed. I have had failures at 700MB, and had to restart all over because the server does not support the ability to continue. Very frustrating!Jim
After 5 tentative downloads that were aborted at various stages I finally succeded in downloading file Colorado-003.zip. I shall stop purchasing any other files from them, unless they provide resumable downloads. And yes, their support is bad: the contact link on their support page does not work (I did ask help here last week about that) and they answer very slowly.Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

I wonder whether these new areas will eventually be availableas DVDs?Petetr Sydney Australia

I wonder whether these new areas will eventually be availableas DVDs?Petetr Sydney Australia
All areas/tiles are available on DVD for an extra fee.Todd

Guest hmstiger
Hi. :( I am experiencing slooow downloadspeed. at the MegaSceneryEarth Instant Download Store. I am using DAP as accelerator, but I am only recieving 114kb/s Is there a problem with the MegaSceneryEarth servers, or is the problem in my end? I am a little bit worried, since the downloadlink expires in 7 days.Merry ChristmasJakob Arnholtz
I have had a contrary experience. I've been downloading all of Colorado today and have had three downloads going at once, never dropped below 145 kb/s, never had a download disconnect. My experience has been good.Colin in Portland

I have had a contrary experience. I've been downloading all of Colorado today and have had three downloads going at once, never dropped below 145 kb/s, never had a download disconnect. My experience has been good.Colin in Portland
How is Colorado?I have almost all Utah and really like it (well, the tiles I've been able to d/l so far!! :--))

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

How is Colorado?I have almost all Utah and really like it (well, the tiles I've been able to d/l so far!! :--))
Colorado looks good. I originally downloaded all 15 tiles and installed them. The lack of seasonal textures is apparant around the borders of the MSE tiles. I have UTX USA and AspenX. I layered my AspenX above MSE in the scenery library, and it is very noticable flying into/out of Aspen, as the AspenX photreal comes with winter textures. I'm off to work in about 15 minutes, but can post some screenies of the MSE Colorado coverage if you want when I get home from work in the morning. Give me some particular locations if you want to see them.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

To all experiencing slow downloads with MegaEarth I was having a similar problem - downloading at only 30kb/sec - very painful. I decided to check with my cable provider about it and found that I had a defective modem and after replacement, got 600 kb/sec. Maybe the MegaEarth servers expose a certain bad download behavior, but everything is faster for me now. Just ask your cable provider to test your modem from their office - you also might have too long a cable run or too many splitters.whitav8

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Have downloaded 2/3 of Utah. The scenery looks really fine ( apart from minor errors wich you find in most photographic sceneries) I downloaded two files at a time with DAP. The speed. was 116 kb/s and my internetconnection works exelent. The support though is a joke and casts a shadow over this otherwise fine product. :( KindlyJakob Arnholtz :(

Guest fuzzman_999
To all experiencing slow downloads with MegaEarthI was having a similar problem - downloading at only 30kb/sec - very painful. I decided to check with my cable provider about it and found that I had a defective modem and after replacement, got 600 kb/sec. Maybe the MegaEarth servers expose a certain bad download behavior, but everything is faster for me now. Just ask your cable provider to test your modem from their office - you also might have too long a cable run or too many splitters.whitav8
Hi. This is Robert from the MegaSceneryEarth team.For those of you who are having download problems, please note that the problems are not originating from our server and the problems are most likely at your end. whitav8 here is a good example of a defective modem was causing his download speed problems. For those of you experiencing slow download problems, please follow these tips (below) from the FAQ. We can assure you our servers have been running with absolutely zero downtime and well below full capacity since we launched. On the point of resumable downloads, it is not an easy process to implement with our unique encrypted download link system but we do have developers working on a solution. Download links are now active for 365 days.Please try the tips below - they may help you identify problems in your internet connection causing the slower downloads you may be experiencing.I Am Having Problems Downloading And/Or My Download Speed Is SlowThe web servers that host MegaSceneryEarth are state-of-the-art and are designed and tested to handle enormous amounts of download traffic without any slowdown or interruption. Even during the busiest periods our server can serve an individual download at 20 times the fastest home connection currently available. Any slowness or interruptions in your download will most likely be due to issues at your end and could be due to faulty cable modem hardware, anti-virus/anti-spyware programs or a slowdown at your ISP.If you are experiencing slow downloads you can try the following:1. Restart your cable/DSL modem2. Check with your ISP that your cable/DSL modem is functioning correctly.3. Run a bandwidth speed test to check that your connection is running at the speed quoted by your ISP.4. Disable any firewalls you may have active especially 3rd party firewalls that are added by any anti-virus/anti-spyware programs.5. Disable any anti-virus/anti-spyware software OR restart your PC in "Safe Mode With Networking" (this will temporarily disable your antivirus software) and attempt to download.Our download server does not, at this time, support resume of interrupted downloads however under normal circumstances, downloads should proceed at your maximum downloadable speed and without any interruption to your download. Resumed downloads is a feature that will be implemented in future.

Hi. This is Robert from the MegaSceneryEarth team.For those of you who are having download problems, please note that the problems are not originating from our server and the problems are most likely at your end. whitav8 here is a good example of a defective modem was causing his download speed problems. For those of you experiencing slow download problems, please follow these tips (below) from the FAQ. We can assure you our servers have been running with absolutely zero downtime and well below full capacity since we launched. On the point of resumable downloads, it is not an easy process to implement with our unique encrypted download link system but we do have developers working on a solution. Download links are now active for 365 days.Please try the tips below - they may help you identify problems in your internet connection causing the slower downloads you may be experiencing.I Am Having Problems Downloading And/Or My Download Speed Is SlowThe web servers that host MegaSceneryEarth are state-of-the-art and are designed and tested to handle enormous amounts of download traffic without any slowdown or interruption. Even during the busiest periods our server can serve an individual download at 20 times the fastest home connection currently available. Any slowness or interruptions in your download will most likely be due to issues at your end and could be due to faulty cable modem hardware, anti-virus/anti-spyware programs or a slowdown at your ISP.If you are experiencing slow downloads you can try the following:1. Restart your cable/DSL modem2. Check with your ISP that your cable/DSL modem is functioning correctly.3. Run a bandwidth speed test to check that your connection is running at the speed quoted by your ISP.4. Disable any firewalls you may have active especially 3rd party firewalls that are added by any anti-virus/anti-spyware programs.5. Disable any anti-virus/anti-spyware software OR restart your PC in "Safe Mode With Networking" (this will temporarily disable your antivirus software) and attempt to download.Our download server does not, at this time, support resume of interrupted downloads however under normal circumstances, downloads should proceed at your maximum downloadable speed and without any interruption to your download. Resumed downloads is a feature that will be implemented in future.
Hi Robert,Good to hear that you are looking at implementing resumable downloads. As I said above, I shall wait until such feature is implemented before buying the rest of Colorado or any other file.About download speed, I did make the following test during one of those slow downloads (that eventually got interrupted): I started downloading file Colorado-03 at 60 kb/s. The speed dropped and stabilized at 35 kb/s. I then started another download from a different vendor, and that one went at 115 kb/s. So, how come that my ISP would limit a download from megasceneryearth and not from somebody else?Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Any slowness or interruptions in your download will most likely be due to issues at your end and could be due to faulty cable modem hardware, anti-virus/anti-spyware programs or a slowdown at your ISP.
Robert, Sorry but this is not true, I can't let you say such things here. That's not fair from you.You and I exchanged already few email where I told you that I've tried EVERY POSSIBLE THING (antivirus, firewalls, boot in safe mode etc...) to no avail. You said that "only 6 customers reporting to us that their downloads are slow", I answered that you should read forums and first of them, your own forum where people are complaining about this issue without getting any answer from you or from anybody.You answered that "If the customers are not contacting us with the problems instead of complaining at forums it is a bit hard for us to KNOW that people are having problems........the forums are treating us very unfairly considering the problems are not caused by our servers. This is really really unfair on us and I will be asking Avsim management to intervene on this thread because it is unfairly and incorrectly damaging our reputation when there is nothing wrong with our server but instead problems at the user

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Astradan

Very well said David. I am disappointed with the predictable defensive view from Robert. It's so old-school to just blame users and their connections for these types of problems.Where there is smoke, there is fire.People are not complaining about these problems because they want to damage Megascenery or you - it is because they have REAL problems, and the current level of support being offered by you is unacceptable. You are fast damaging the reputation of the product, because of the poor service.Perhaps your servers are not configured correctly, or are faulted.I have done all checks you suggested at my end - I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH MY CONNECTION! Please take a different attitude - perhaps apologize to your customers for the current level of service and give a genuine promise to do everything you can to improve the current level of service ?

A agree with David and David. I could not download at my higest speed. And my connection has been tested and found healthy. And I am still waiting to hear from support, and yes, they can't be reached through the formular on the MegasceneryEarth homepage. The product is absolutely stunning, but the homepageschribt and support.....!still waitingJakob Arnholtz