Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

Ezdok Motion Camera Addon

In mho there is too much motion in the first plane (especially the head seems to roll upon the neck :( ). I would expect more motion in the F-15? When it's rolling or because of the G's pulled. I like the small motions from engine vibration very much.Regards, Gerrit
Yes. I understand you. I not tune vibration in first plane. All vibration you can precision tune manually in realtime for each aircraft individually. All synthes vibrations separate on "velocity body X , Y , Z" channels . You can Mixing signals from random generator with lo pass filter in each channel , slow sinus wave generator , slow sinus wave generator with random start (simulate tarmac or air holes) , and random slow generator (simulate slow body movements). The next stage , you can add smooth effects to each chanell and send this signals to 6DOF axis thru gain regulator. in summary , you can simulate very small cameras (under wing) or human head.
Many thanks for your reply Marniftarr i think i'll fire Racer S from WSGF an email and ask him if he can Hack it in ;)Cant wait to try this next version out i'll grab a few sick bags before i fire it up thought ;)one other thing will EzDok beable to work along side headtracking programs like Freetrack/Cachya/TrackIR or is it a case of one of the other?CheersSteve
Yes , i support TrackIr or another Cam2Pan program in future... Now it not work together now.

This looks interesting to me. I'm one of the few who actually finds TrackIR more of a burden than a pleasure, so I think your program might be what I need. I do have a few questions. Will it impact the frame rate at all? Will it work with all of my preset views in the aircraft.cfg file? Is it speed sensitive, where it would vibrate more at a high speed on the runway and then reduce at a lower speed? Thanks in advance for your reply.Curt

Guest tmilton

Incredible stuff! :( It's amazing how realistic the sim looks with that motion incorporated into it. Curt hit the nail right on the head when he said the video "makes you feel like you're "in the sim" instead of playing it!" So true! Many thanks Marniftarr, you've accomplished wonders with this! :(I'm really looking forward to the released product. *Insert "drool" emoticon here*

Will it work with all of my preset views in the aircraft.cfg file? Is it speed sensitive, where it would vibrate more at a high speed on the runway and then reduce at a lower speed? Thanks in advance for your reply.Curt
This addon add new "EZdok universal camera" to each aircraft.cfg file in Aircrafts folder to new [Cameradefinition.205] section of this files and work only with this camera. All positions of this camera, motions calculates will be set by addon thru simconnect each visual frame. ===Is it speed sensitive, where it would vibrate more at a high speed on the runway and then reduce at a lower speed?===Yes it is ! If you stay on runway with engines , you can see small (very small) motions from engine. If you increase speed , you can see smooth vibrations. I release more dependence of vibrations from speed, engine rmp (if aircraft propeller type). Dependence from turbulence and overspeed release in future.

Marniftarr, thanks for your reply. Just to make sure I understand, your addon will override any preset views in the aircraft.cfg file, correct?. That is fine, if your camera will then allow me to create my own vc views and assign a keystroke to each. If that is accurate, how many vc views would I be able to create and use for each aircraft? Thanks again, and I won't bug you with any more questions after today.Curt

Marniftarr, thanks for your reply. Just to make sure I understand, your addon will override any preset views in the aircraft.cfg file, correct?. That is fine, if your camera will then allow me to create my own vc views and assign a keystroke to each. If that is accurate, how many vc views would I be able to create and use for each aircraft? Thanks again, and I won't bug you with any more questions after today.Curt
You can use up to 200 cameras for each camera type (Virt.cocpit , Aircraft (external views on aircraft from short distance and fly with him) , world camera and runway camera. This addon place only one camera to Aircraft.cfg and FSX.cfg files, add shortcut for each type camera and then recall this camera and set new position of this camera from internal database when you press hot key. You can assign a keystroke for each camera from this database and then fast recall from keyboard. All adding cameras and edit position you can do with Up Down Left Right buttons + mouse in realtime (navigate) as 3D games style in realtime. With this technology , you can define more and more cameras to VC, attach to aircraft and place to runway in realtime without restart FS. If you change aircraft , positions of all cameras restore from database for each aircraft individually and any parameter be story to database automatically (if you change any parameter) for current aircraft in realtime. No more read SDK for add and modify cameras. No more restarts FS! It is a new camera engine for FSX.

MarniftarrSweet!Have just watched all your Youtube videos - still have big cheesy grin!With the hand held setting can we look forward to Blair Witch - FSX Style?!Watching the F-18 flight got me thinking - what would a carrier landing/take-off look like with your tool - any chance you could add it to a future video update?CheersGary

Marniftarr, thanks for the explanation, it's even better than I imagined. I'll buy it the day it's released. :( Curt