Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

Fspassengers X

Anybody tried this one yet? It is truly outstanding, one of the best addons i've ever purchased. Highly recommend it.

Anybody tried this one yet? It is truly outstanding, one of the best addons i've ever purchased. Highly recommend it.
Yes I agree, having a great time with it. A nice to have would have been a "base" and "flight generator" concept along the lines of cargo pilot that would have fitted well with the econmic model. But I guess a virtual airline can help with that.RegardsSimon

Yes I agree, having a great time with it. A nice to have would have been a "base" and "flight generator" concept along the lines of cargo pilot that would have fitted well with the econmic model. But I guess a virtual airline can help with that.RegardsSimon
That is a good idea with the 'base' concept. I'm doing the Serengeti scenario, and it would a nice idea to have a home base established to begin that campaign, but it is great nonetheless.

Guest rmce
That is a good idea with the 'base' concept. I'm doing the Serengeti scenario, and it would a nice idea to have a home base established to begin that campaign, but it is great nonetheless.
If its half as good as its Fs9 earlier version, I will happily buy into it.It never ceased to amaze me how it became a submersing experience, where it really began to matter, that you did it all correctly!Brilliant!RmceScotland

Guest GA888
Best add-on in FSX... FsPaX is so much fun and makes me flying more and more... :( Regards,Jendra

It's simple: if I would have to keep one and only one addon, I would keep FsPX and nothing else! It just does what 10 other classic addons would do for 10 times the price (no it's not an ad for a shampoo! :(), and I can't run FSX anymore without having planes aging, failures awaiting at the corner (there are tons of them, triggering visual and sound effects), all the sound effects, the warzone effects (I love those steep approaches with a caribou in the middle of AAA fire!). The list is so long that I won't try to write the features down, anybody should just try the demo and see by themselves, that's the way I got caught by the previous version and I hope to be see FsPassenger for many more FS versions in the future!

No doubt this is a really great and fun addition for fsx. However if you ever have a problem there is practically zero support. I had to re-install and the original unlock code now shows a message of invalid. After several postings and emails I still can't get anyone to respond. I've noticed that there are many other folks having the same problems. So if you buy it just don't have to any issues and you will be good to go.CaptMac

I have tried it for FS9 and I finds many flaws in it there. Is the FSX version better and if so how?

Guest JamesWoods
maybe you should check out destinationfinder, its a tool for those who prefer not to have to think where to fly to or from.http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:3pSVR...=clnk&gl=ukThis allows you to do things like set a flight distance and it would randomly select start and desitnation airports for you.Also helps you select alternate airport based on start and end airportsYou can customise the resullts it generates based on things like runway length , country etc.Very nice tool.When this tool randomly generates start end aiports for you, go load Fsxpax and fly them there.

FS Passengers is a program that would seem to be tailor made for me. I fly airliners almost exclusively, love "gamey" aspects of flight simming, and need some sort of "mission" however rudimentary to be happy. I have tried the demo and it just left me cold for some reason. I guess what bothered me was that it seemed like I was required to micromanage the flight: when to serve snacks, when to turn on music, or the inflight movie. Does the captain really do all that stuff? I don't think I've ever wanted to like a product more, but just couldn't.I'm not bashing anything here. I'm genuinely interested in whether other users have been initially put off by certain aspects, then grown to like it a lot once they began to appreciate its nuances. I do hear a lot of good things about it, and would be willing to try it again if someone could appreciate my issues here and tell me what they don't like about it, but find outweighed by good points.Also, I tend to run quite a bit on the side when I fly: FS Flight Keeper, Radar Contact, REX, VA ACARS, and wonder about the system overhead.I guess what I'm really looking for is something like, "I understand why you would find it annoying after a couple of trial flights, but if you stuck with it, you'd learn that it ... "Thanks for any input, guys.

Guest JamesWoods
FS Passengers is a program that would seem to be tailor made for me. I fly airliners almost exclusively, love "gamey" aspects of flight simming, and need some sort of "mission" however rudimentary to be happy. I have tried the demo and it just left me cold for some reason. I guess what bothered me was that it seemed like I was required to micromanage the flight: when to serve snacks, when to turn on music, or the inflight movie. Does the captain really do all that stuff? I don't think I've ever wanted to like a product more, but just couldn't.I'm not bashing anything here. I'm genuinely interested in whether other users have been initially put off by certain aspects, then grown to like it a lot once they began to appreciate its nuances. I do hear a lot of good things about it, and would be willing to try it again if someone could appreciate my issues here and tell me what they don't like about it, but find outweighed by good points.Also, I tend to run quite a bit on the side when I fly: FS Flight Keeper, Radar Contact, REX, VA ACARS, and wonder about the system overhead.I guess what I'm really looking for is something like, "I understand why you would find it annoying after a couple of trial flights, but if you stuck with it, you'd learn that it ... "Thanks for any input, guys.
I can stand the micro managing of food drink, seat belts etc myself.BUt if you have a proper look at the config options in FSpax menu, and also config options in a file called moreoptions inside fspssenger folder. You will find almost all these things can be set to auto manage.For the food drink , seat belt etc, you can easily disable these in fspax menu.As far as overhead goes, it does slow things down a bit, but not if you got dscent quad core system.Fspax is a quality product just like ASA, quality of the kind which is getting harder to find in FS industry.More and more folks releasing buggy stuff that just ruins fsx installation. Addons from Hell.Fspax is good, you can chnage almost anything you want if you dig deep enough.

maybe you should check out destinationfinder, its a tool for those who prefer not to have to think where to fly to or from.http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:3pSVR...=clnk&gl=ukThis allows you to do things like set a flight distance and it would randomly select start and desitnation airports for you.Also helps you select alternate airport based on start and end airportsYou can customise the resullts it generates based on things like runway length , country etc.Very nice tool.When this tool randomly generates start end aiports for you, go load Fsxpax and fly them there.
Thx for that link James. A very handy utility.

Sorry for this idiotic question, but what is the difference between "X Pax" and "FS Passengers?" When I first started reading this topic, I assumed you were all talking about X Pax, but then I looked into it further and realized that these were not the same products. Also, I read a description of X Pax and said it needed to be run in windowed mode, which would drive me crazy. Is this the same for FS Passengers? What it seems is that FS Passengers is a superior product, if indeed these are for similar functions in FSX. Thanks in advance for any input.

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Guest JamesWoods
Sorry for this idiotic question, but what is the difference between "X Pax" and "FS Passengers?" When I first started reading this topic, I assumed you were all talking about X Pax, but then I looked into it further and realized that these were not the same products. Also, I read a description of X Pax and said it needed to be run in windowed mode, which would drive me crazy. Is this the same for FS Passengers? What it seems is that FS Passengers is a superior product, if indeed these are for similar functions in FSX. Thanks in advance for any input.
Xpax is a poor man's version of Fspax(Fspassenger)I used to use Xpax till i got Fspax.Xpax adds realism of having passengers and crew to a flightFspax goes all the way. And no issues with fspax in full screen mode