Sign in to follow this  
roarkv

Airbus

When can we expect the Airbus package for FS9?Roar
Uhh long time. Umm and I doubt they will come out with one for fs9. Your best bet is to look at a company called airsimmer.com . they have your airbus coming soon- PMDG don't get mad your airbus is coming in 8 years if were lucky.

Hi, there is a very good airbus for fs9 coming from Airsimmer: http://www.airsimmer.comSo we don't really need an airbus from PMDG too, they should stay with real pilots aircraft like boeings :-) and let others do those busses. "As Boeing aircraft were made for Flying, not for eating, they have a controlwheel and not a table"Jan-Paul

Hi, there is a very good airbus for fs9 coming from Airsimmer: http://www.airsimmer.comSo we don't really need an airbus from PMDG too, they should stay with real pilots aircraft like boeings :-) and let others do those busses. "As Boeing aircraft were made for Flying, not for eating, they have a controlwheel and not a table"Jan-Paul
Well, the Bus from Airsimmer does not seem to be arriving soon.And talking about control wheels...have you ever seen a yoke on a fighter jet ?Perhaps having put a sidestick and a table (to have lunch or whatever) in an airliner it is not finally a very bad idea.

I prefer the sidestick because you can take one hand on the throttle and have full grasp of the control on all axis with the other hand. I think the yoke is a clunky and outdated contraption. Next Level Simulations is doing a great A380 for FS9 and look out for Airsimmer.Alex

Well well...Another Airbus thread :( Umm, I don't think we're going to see an Airbus from these folks anytime soon and I'm sure FS9 will be long gone by then. No doubt that the FS world lacks a decent Airbus, nobody could deny that, if you don't want one that's another matter but a lot of us are craving one B) . I will be optimistic about the Airsimmer model when I see an update on their website.As for the Sidestick issue, frankly it doesn't matter that much in FS for me, I fly with a joystick anyway, all I expect is some realistic FBW. Like it or not, the F-16 uses the same combination stick+FBW as well as a few other fighter aircraft, I dare anyone not to call the Viper a real pilot's aircraft! :( B) Happy new year to all! :(

Guest M-Sauce

:( :(

...So we don't really need an airbus from PMDG too, they should stay with real pilots aircraft like boeings :-) and let others do those busses. "As Boeing aircraft were made for Flying, not for eating, they have a controlwheel and not a table"Jan-Paul
Actually Jean-Paul, the 787 came very close to having a stick instead of yoke. Boeing's philosophy being that there is too much talking in today's cockpits, so they were gonna integrate "bug" controls on the stick. With this the PF was gonna be able to set all his own bugs without talking to the PM while hand-flying. I've flown with someone who was on the airline design board for it, and the biggest opponents to it where American Airlines and some other US carriers, who demanded a yoke. Flying with a stick is much more natural in my opinion, which is a moot point, since most of todays aircraft are FBW and you are flying a computer which then allows the aircraft to respond. :(

About a week ago I started to look for a good Airbus. And I ended up with the PMDG MD-11. There are no real good Airbusses out there and in that case the MD-11 is a nice second choice. In fact, it became my first choice. ;)

Flying with a stick is much more natural in my opinion, which is a moot point, since most of todays aircraft are FBW and you are flying a computer which then allows the aircraft to respond. :(
What? The A320 and later Airbus planes are the only airliners that have a computer intercepting and modifying pilot input like that. the 777 is the only other FBW airliner but it doesn't do all that flight "law" stuff, it's purely just a method of getting signals to the control surfaces. "Most" aircraft in service are not FBW.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

"Most" aircraft in service are not FBW.
Most civil aircraft you should say.Most modern fighters are fbw (afaik).Best wishes for the new year to everyone !! :(

What? The A320 and later Airbus planes are the only airliners that have a computer intercepting and modifying pilot input like that. the 777 is the only other FBW airliner but it doesn't do all that flight "law" stuff, it's purely just a method of getting signals to the control surfaces. "Most" aircraft in service are not FBW.
There's one more! The Saab 2000, a turboprop airliner decades ahead of its time when it was produced, has partial FBW flight controls.That aircraft is seriously brilliant technology, performance and systems design, too bad it suffered the very same fate as the MD-11. Beats the clumsy Q400 in every aspect.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard