Sign in to follow this  
Guest Climb1

Pmdg 744/744f Cockpit Variations For Fs9

Guest Climb1

HiI have both the PMDG 744 and 744F models for FS9. Im trying to find out if there is a way of changing the cockpit displays from CRT-LCD and visa versa.On my 744 passenger model the cockpit has the CRT screens with old style MCP like a majority of real 744s have. When I load the 744F version it has the newer LCD style screens with digital MCP like the newer 744s have installed. Of course over time many of the older 744's cockpits have been modernised so you get some with CRT screens and newer MCPs and some with old MCPs and new screens.My question is, is there a way of changing this in the PMDG 744 & F models? As not all freighter models have new cockpits and not all pax models have old ones! And seeing as both new and old style cockpits have been modeled by PMDG is there a way of using both types on either 744 & F models?The main reason I ask this question is that I saw a post in another forum with pics of somebody using what looks like a PMDG 744F (possibly an FSX model). In the cockpit shots it has an old style MCP paired with LCD screens in a 744F. Mine doesnt do that!Any help would be much appreciated. Oh and yes I do know there is an option for changing the "Display Type" in the "PFD - ND" menu in the PMDG tab. But all this does is change the "layout" of the screen from CRT-LCD type but does not actually change the screen/MCP itself.Thanks in advance for your help and Seasons Greetings! :( Wayne B

Looks like he did some custom modifications of his own on that one. PMDG did not release any variants on their panels. Maybe if you ask the author of the thread you've posted on how he did it, you may be able to find out more.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Guest Climb1
Looks like he did some custom modifications of his own on that one. PMDG did not release any variants on their panels. Maybe if you ask the author of the thread you've posted on how he did it, you may be able to find out more.
Thanks for the reply. I was thinkin of messaging the guy but im not a member of that forum yet (i was just browsing) so I thought maybe ill try here first. Ill join up and send him a pm. Cheers :( Wayne