Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

New Photo Scenery On Horizon

Guest firehawk44

I recently ran across this photoscenery under development (http://earthsimulations.com/topography_layer.html). Was wondering if others have seen. Looks great and even has seasonal scenery! Might give Megascenery Earth some good competition if they are planning on doing the US too. Apologize in advance if this has already been posted/discussed.Jim

I recently ran across this photoscenery under development (http://earthsimulations.com/topography_layer.html). Was wondering if others have seen. Looks great and even has seasonal scenery! Might give Megascenery Earth some good competition if they are planning on doing the US too. Apologize in advance if this has already been posted/discussed.Jim
I came across that site yesterday, and have to say, it's looking mighty nice. :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Wow, that site has some nice pics. Looks like it will be great. If only the new MegaEarth stuff looked as good as that.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Waaow!It really looks fantastic.IMO that's exactly the good move and exactly the contrary of Megascenery Earth: quality vs quantity.Thanks for the heads up Jim!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

ihave never been a fan of photoscenery mostly because everything that is directly under the aircraft looks very flat, but i have to say this look a lot better thenthe other photo stuff i have seen before. of course they only cover .0000001% of the earth so far but.... :( something to look forward to.

Guest GA888

I looked at their website... it looks promising with amazing shots...I certainly looking forward for their store to open on March 09...Regards,Jendra

Wow, that site has some nice pics. Looks like it will be great. If only the new MegaEarth stuff looked as good as that.
That site shows textures without compression. It would take up much more disk space than with compression.Megascenery is compressed file to keep disk storage in check. That has always been my beef..Of course texture color is very vivid here.Not sure what they did with the sides of the cliffs..if they applied textures to the side or not. IF they did that...thats lot of work.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

ihave never been a fan of photoscenery mostly because everything that is directly under the aircraft looks very flat, but i have to say this look a lot better thenthe other photo stuff i have seen before. of course they only cover .0000001% of the earth so far but.... :( something to look forward to.
MegaScenery Hawaii did a great job with the illusion of depth, when flying over the canyon areas around the Honolulu/Waikiki area. It's been one of my all time favorite scenery's, just because the illusion worked well.L.Adamson

That site shows textures without compression. It would take up much more disk space than with compression.
How can you tell it's uncompressed just by looking at it? Any image, including a photoreal texture, can be compressed pretty small without any noticeable loss of quality.What's important is getting high quality source images; that's what appears to set these guys apart.Colin

Guest kwilson

It looks very nice and I suppose 30cm per pixel is doable on small islands. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.And I especially like how they have split it into topography (the photoreal) and environment layers (3D objects and i presume autogen) so you can have the privilege of buying two products to get the one scenery (sarcasm emoticon goes here).

And I especially like how they have split it into topography (the photoreal) and environment layers (3D objects and i presume autogen) so you can have the privilege of buying two products to get the one scenery (sarcasm emoticon goes here).
Many people don't like the autogen in FSX at all, so I call it a choice not a fiddle.

Cheers, Andy.