Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mudhendriver

Pmdg 747f Takeoff

Relatively new to the FS9 PMDG 747/747F, but really enjoy it. Lots of time in the Level D and PSS. Quick question on takeoff thrust and VNAV climbout. I normally select FD and AT after FMC loading prior to pushback. During takeoff I advance thottles to 70%N1 engage TOGA--I assume this is the THR button? After Vr/V2 climb pass 500', I select A/P (CMD) then LNAV and VNAV...several times, I've reduced throttles to idle thinking I was in VNAV Autothrottle and quickly realized I wasn't, then pressed THR button again...to reengage...and continue with my FMC VNAV clmb profile.What am I missing, or doing incorrectly? I reviewed t/o procedures in the documentation and techniques.If there's a "Queen" expert out there, can you give me the correct switchology so that I don't inadvertantly pull the throttles back to idle power thinking A/T and VNAV are controlling climb speed. Nothing worse than a V2 cut with a 700K aircraft!ThanksR. Perry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The TOGA button is a "screw" on the MCP panel upper left. I think it is covered pretty well in the manuals.Also, normal procedures are to arm VNAV and LNAV prior to takeoff and don't select A/T until before in position or rolling into position. Once above 400 AGL activate VNAV/LNAV by pressing A/P button.

The TOGA button is a "screw" on the MCP panel upper left. I think it is covered pretty well in the manuals.Also, normal procedures are to arm VNAV and LNAV prior to takeoff and don't select A/T until before in position or rolling into position. Once above 400 AGL activate VNAV/LNAV by pressing A/P button.
Appreciate it Dan!