Just bought ASA yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it. The only problem I have is that it appears to draw cirrus layers twice, offset a bit from each other. Here's a screenshot to illustrate:LinkThis is using live weather and REX textures.Thanks,Scott

Just bought ASA yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it. The only problem I have is that it appears to draw cirrus layers twice, offset a bit from each other. Here's a screenshot to illustrate:LinkThis is using live weather and REX textures.Thanks,Scott
Me too Scott. Here's the example I have from a few minutes ago. Also, this happens with ASX as well.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hi All,Turn the cirrus cloud slider down and see if that helps. These are the first 2 reports I have seen of this.Thanks,

Hi All,Turn the cirrus cloud slider down and see if that helps. These are the first 2 reports I have seen of this.Thanks,
Jim, I think this happens when you run ASX, then start a flight in FSX, then end the flight, NOT close FSX, and set up a new flight. Not sure if the slider affects this yet.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hello everyone,It's a known problem with the REX textures that might get fixed with REX's Sp1. Last word was that it was being looked into. If Tim does not confirm this when he reads this post, you can do a search in the REX forums for confirmation.Regards,Gerhard

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Guest Ed Lin
Hello everyone,It's a known problem with the REX textures that might get fixed with REX's Sp1. Last word was that it was being looked into. If Tim does not confirm this when he reads this post, you can do a search in the REX forums for confirmation.Regards,Gerhard
Funny thing -- I noticed this in REP/FS9/ASA last week. Looking up in the "real" sky a few days ago, I saw the exact same thing with the clouds. This "seeing double" issue is real. I think if there's a problem with the REP/REX textures is that perhaps it occurs too often. However, the existence of this look in the real sky is not a bug. :(

Funny thing -- I noticed this in REP/FS9/ASA last week. Looking up in the "real" sky a few days ago, I saw the exact same thing with the clouds. This "seeing double" issue is real. I think if there's a problem with the REP/REX textures is that perhaps it occurs too often. However, the existence of this look in the real sky is not a bug. :(
Mother nature never stops to amaze me!Regards,Gerhard

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

I occasionally notice this with FEX textures. Ihad it with ASX as well. Don't think it's specifically REX or FEX or ASX or ASA, it may well be a graphics driver problem. I have seen it with the last three iterations of Nvidia drivers.Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

This "seeing double" issue is real.
It's acting like a defect in the coding in ASX and I guess ASA. I think it is simply sending code to populate the sky with cirrus clouds--twice. Some sort of routine or timer-dependent control that is having unanticipated interactions with another routine or something like that.Noel

Noel

>>> "It's acting like a defect in the coding in ASX and I guess ASA." <<<I'm not sure if this would at all be related but, just before uninstalling ASA and reverting back to ASX I noticed that dual weather data files were being generated. Just after installing ASA I decided to go ahead and uninstall ASX. Out of old habit I started looking for orphaned ASX folders, files and registry entries. After cleaning things up I found that ASX is still lurking somewhere. Each time ASA loads up it was creating it's new asa-wx-info.dat file and a new asx-wx-info.dat file, even though theoretically ASX wasn't on my system anymore. The replicated cloud layers was something I was seeing regularly using ASA & XGraphics. I'm about 99% sure I never saw those with ASX & XGraphics. FAC

Thanks for the info all, we'll look into this.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks for the info all, we'll look into this.Best,
Much obliged, Damien :(

Noel