Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Restarting Fsx Confuses Asa

I've noticed that ASA doesn't seem to like me closing and restarting FSX.On the first run of FSX the weather depicted agrees with the METAR for the airport where I am, but after shutting down and restarting FSX it doesn't. EKCH altimeter tonight is 1039 mb and temperature is 2C. This was what I got on the first FSX launch, but on the second I got 1019 mb and 16C. Refreshing in ASA made no difference although ASA does show itself connected to FSX.This is independent of the aircraft - same problem in the default trike, PMDG MD-11 and Leonardo Maddog 2008. FSX is SP2 and I'm running ASA on a networked client computer.Tom

Hi,Probably true as the recommended order is ASA-FSX due to station data updates.Thanks,

Probably true as the recommended order is ASA-FSX due to station data updates.
I don't quite understand what you mean by that. What I am doing is starting ASA first, then starting, shutting down, and restarting FSX. I don't start ASA before FSX.Tom

I don't start ASA before FSX.
I must be getting tired. What I meant, I don't start FSX before ASA.ASX will run happily with as many FSX restarts as I like. Why not ASA?Tom

Hi,It's a bug in ASA that is being fixed with SP1.Thanks,