Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jamo1

Ai Taxiing

Guest Jamo1

Has anyone had any problems with ai following them on the taxiway? Ive noticed over the last two months or so, whenever I'm taxiing to the runway in default or addon planes. ATC keeps telling the ai to hold short/ caution because of me and the distance normally is huge. They never taxi right behind me anymore. When I reach to the hold short line for the active runway, they again stop quite a distance back and will wait there until i receive permission for takeoff.Only addons im using is ADE v1.37 (current)Radar ContactMost of my airports (especially large ones) are edited with ade so idk if thats a piece of the puzzle.This is KDEN. Notice how both Southwest aircraft are holding, despite me being nowhere them.

I've had that happen also, but I also edited the airport with ADE. I don't know if adding nodes along the taxiway would help or not. If you have a place where this always happens, you could experiment.

Edited by Art_P

Art

Guest Jamo1

Thing is this happens practically everywhere. :( Most of the major commercial airports are edited in one form or the other with ADE. You mentioned something about adding nodes to the taxiway? What will this do

Thing is this happens practically everywhere. :( Most of the major commercial airports are edited in one form or the other with ADE. You mentioned something about adding nodes to the taxiway? What will this do
I'm speculating that maybe if the AI is on a different taxiway segment from you, ground control will not order them to hold position. Actually, I don't think the nodes will help because what I've experienced is ground control telling the AI to hold, then proceed, then hold again, etc. This happened too quickly for the AI to pass from one taxiway segment to another.

Art