Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogknot

Need help getting rid of some sounds

Referring to the new Marco Spada MD80 panel and also having similar issue with the Project Fokker F100 panel, I can't seem to make the "terrain! pull up!" sounds go away. The problem with the F100/70 panel is that even though I have deleted the Boeing callout gauges, they are still there as I'm on final approach. I can't for the life of me figure these issues out. Is it a .wav file or can you have a .gau file with sounds embedded? Any advice? Thanks in advance for the help.John W.

Guest dogknot

Hi John,There are associated wav files in the FS2002Sound folder that you can either remove to another safe place for keeping or you can rename the relevant wav files where they are and still have access to them at a later date. An example would be terrain1.wav renamed to 000terrain1.wav and/or glideslope.wav renamed to 000glideslope.wav

Thanks for replying! I have taken all of the offending .wav files out of the Sound folder in FS2002 directory. The reason I posted was because despite having removed them, they still get played in FS2002. This really makes me scratch my head. Oh, and another one is the "too low, terrain" message. Is my machine making phantom backups somewhere perhaps? Thanks again.

Guest dogknot

John hmmmmmmm???.... Let's see, there can't be sound without a wav file. I think I would start again in FS2002/Sound folder and look for wavs with a prefix attached (referencing your aircraft) that you may have missed. For example: I have an aircraft that references those wavs as follows:rp733_dont_sink.wavrp733_glideslope.wavrp733_minimums.wavrp733_pull_up.wavrp733_too_low_gear.wavrp733_too_low_terrain.wavrp733_windshear.wavThe name of the wav file could be anything. You might even have to play each suspected wav to find the offenders. A couple of other possibilities is another folder containing the wav files inside the FS2002/Sound folder or even a created Sound folder inside the FS2002/aircraft folder. ...and then the very obvious:do a computer restart, open 2K2, select a totally different aircraft(make, model, and panel) and bring it up at your favorite airport. Then reselect the offender and see if that helped clear memory. If no luck there, start over at the opening 2k2 screen and start with the 'SELECT A FLIGHT/1.Choose a category: Other/2.Choose a flight: Default Flight-Meigs Field', proclaimed by MS to reset the inner workings of 2K2. It has actually worked for me when nothing else would. None of the above works?? Fly a DHC-2 Beaver. The only voice you'll hear will be your own! :-lolEDIT: BTW, the Boeing Callouts just reference altitude on approach. The gauge you are looking for (in the Spada Super-80 panel) is 737.WCgpws.gau (ground proximity warning system).

I do love the beaver. ;-) However, it's nice from time to time to get some good approaches in in the heavy stuff, too. Thanks for the advice- the gpws.gau for the Spada panel was indeed the thing that solved the issue with my MD-80.The altitude callouts on the F100/70, however are still a mystery. I've gotten rid of them all from the Sound folder in FS2002 yet still they play on, like some digital poltergeist. I can live with them, but it's nicer to have a quiet cockpit stay quiet (just my opinion). Thanks again.Kindest Regards,John W.

Guest dogknot

LOL! :-xxrotflmao Glad you got it whupped John! Happy Flying! :-wave