Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kain129

Need Help With Fs2crew.

Guest Kain129

I got FS2crew for the Level D 767. Im doing the tutorial.When I request taxi clearence from the ATC,it assigns me a runway that isnt the runway that the tutorial told me to enter in the FMC. How do I get the ATC to assign me the same runway ?

I think your best bet would be to just turn off ATC for the duration of the tutorial, and follow the instructions set down by the good folks at FS2Crew. If they have a specific runway they want you to use, ATC really isn't necessary (default ATC is never really necessary anyway... I'm sorry, but I saw the opportunity, and I had to take the shot!)To turn off ATC: From the FS9's main startup page, click settings, then click sounds. The last entry is "Air Traffic Control;" uncheck that. Click "OK," and then navigate to the "Air Traffic Control" settings menu, and uncheck everything. Click "OK." No more cruddy ATC!Enjoy your flight.

I got FS2crew for the Level D 767. Im doing the tutorial.When I request taxi clearence from the ATC,it assigns me a runway that isnt the runway that the tutorial told me to enter in the FMC. How do I get the ATC to assign me the same runway ?
When flying the tutorial "by the book", they recommend you turn off all AI traffic, and not use ATC. (You don't really need to turn off ATC, just don't use it, ignore it.) Just do what the tutorial tells you and use the runway the tutorial says. There's enough to learn already with FS2Crew without ATC getting in the way... :)Once you're familiar with it and have AI and ATC back on.. If you preprogram the FMC with one runway for departure during preflight and ATC directs you to another, just use the normal method of changing your departure runway in the FMC--it will not affect FS2Crew in any way, but I recommend doing this as soon as possible after getting taxi clearance, preferably before reviewing the departure briefing during taxi.If you don't know this method, here it is: - Press DEP/ARR on the FMC to bring up the departure/arrival page. - Press the LEFT LSK key next to the departure airport, which should bring up the runways and possibly SIDs. - Press the LSK key next to the new runway to select the new runway. You may need to press EXEC if it lights up, and/or the Right LSK6 if it comes up "Execute".. I don't specifically remember off the top of my head. I think you just need to press the EXEC button. - When you execute the runway change, your pre-selected takeoff speeds will be deleted. Press CLR to clear this warning from the FMC scratchpad. - I'm not 100% sure if there's a direct mode key to get directly to this page, so I just press the RTE key to bring up the route page, and Right LSK6 key until I get back to the page that has the takeoff speeds. - Re-select your takeoff speeds as normal. - Your FMC is now fully prepared for departure from the new runway. Press PROG to open the progress page, or any other mode key you want to leave the FMC displaying during the flight.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

When flying the tutorial "by the book", they recommend you turn off all AI traffic, and not use ATC. (You don't really need to turn off ATC, just don't use it, ignore it.) Just do what the tutorial tells you and use the runway the tutorial says. There's enough to learn already with FS2Crew without ATC getting in the way... :)
Wow, someone actually reads my 100 pages manuals :( To the Original Poster:The runway you enter in the FMC has no bearing on the runway ATC will assign you (there is no direct link).As mentioned, for the tutorial flight, I suggest not using any ATC and not using anything but totally clear weather. That way you can focus on learning FS2Crew rather than dealing with unnecessary distractions that will impede learning.Cheers,