Sign in to follow this  

Guidance as I rejoin the skies

The air smells nice up here again... well, it's still my den but it feels different with my CH Yoke mounted to the desk. I have been on hiatus from flying for personal reasons for around 9 months. I just purchased a copy of FS2002Pro, and having previously used FS2000 I know that there are certain, shall we say, must have's / updates to make the simulation more accurate. I need some guidance with these (focusing on small, general aviation aircraft as I plan to start learning for a private pilot's license in the next year or so). So links to a sort of newbies guide, or a kind soul's listing of things to install would be much appreciated.A related note is that I am still awaiting the money to procure a better gaming rig, so until then I will be using two laptops to fly for now. Can anyone give me advice on whether there is still a utility to split the views across two computers (cause I need all the framerate hel pI can get with only a PIII 1Gig and 16MB Radeon on the primary laptop).And to hell with Mayor Daley... Meigs was (and will be again I hope) a unique icon of our community. I won't set foot in the windy city again until there is a positive resolution to the situation.It's good to be back.

Guest Macs

First things first-welcome Back;)Now, a few payware and freeware addons have come out that I feel are worth a Mention,in particular-Realairsimulations SF60, it is incredible and well worth the money,particularly for a GA aircraft. It is as real as it can get on this Platform.Because I dont know what you are into(scenery,aircraft,utilities...etc) I wont go on,but if you want any more suggestions-give me a shout.Two must haves?1)SF602)Activesky WXRERegardsJohn Mc Avinuehttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Will WideFS have the programs / instructions for me to say, put instruments on one screen and Main view on the other?