Sign in to follow this  

Md-11: Saving Flights Doesn't Work

I bought the MD-11 just before christmas and I have had plenty of time to fool around with it. So far I didn't really have the need to save a flight in mid-air. But when the holiday is over I think I will have to do that more often. So I wasn't too happy when I found out yesterday my flights aren't saved that well... I had a flight saved just before taking off and one on finals. Loading the first one got me in the plane with the IRS knobs turned off and various things not setup right and loading the one on finals gave me all kinds of warning signals (AP off amongst others, flashing buttons and whatever... In other words: quite useless.It SHOULD be possible to simply save a flight (using the ingame FSX menu), right...? In the list of saved MD-11 panel states I also see files with the same name as the flight savegame, but even if I load them also (after loading the FSX file) things are a complete mess. The default MD-11 panel state files all work fine...

No big problems saving/loading flights, even using the FSUIPC autosave. I often reload flights to repeat landings.The only states not saved so far are landing and taxi lights and the "localizer only" (or similar) setting in the FMC. I also have to reset the fuel panel. From time to time I have a problem loading a saved flight: Everything remains dark and cold. After restarting FSX it works fine. Maybe you have to restart FSX too (I know that's annoying and I hope it will be fixed in the next patch).Alex

You pretty much always have to close and restart FSX when using the MD11, you can use the MD11 once per session, if you need to reload the MD11 you do really need to close FSX and restart it to ensure that it loads properly.

Cheers, Andy.

I did restart FSX... One savegame was from a few days ago and the other (during finals) was made yesterday because I wanted to test some ASA settings, and for that I had to restart FSX... I simply startup FSX and go straight away to the load screen and that's it. Maybe ASA influences something...?

I did restart FSX... One savegame was from a few days ago and the other (during finals) was made yesterday because I wanted to test some ASA settings, and for that I had to restart FSX... I simply startup FSX and go straight away to the load screen and that's it. Maybe ASA influences something...?
Rename your startup/default flight and let FSX generate a new one. Maybe some default settings are interfering with the big lady. Maybe.Alex

Rename your startup/default flight and let FSX generate a new one. Maybe some default settings are interfering with the big lady. Maybe.Alex
I've made a new default flight with the MD-11 in 'tutorial state' about a week ago. But I'll see what happens if I save a flight in mid-air as default instead as normal. Or, come to think of it, maybe that's the problem! Maybe I should have kept my old default flight with another plane and always manually select the MD-11 when I create a flight... Hm, on second thought... Everytime I start up a new flight (with the MD-11 being the default plane) I still load a specific state, so... that can't be it then...Problem is that you can't easily test various options: I mean, I have to set up the plane completely, take off, and save during flight. And if things go wrong and I want to test another option, I have to do that all over again because I don't know that the real cause of the problem is.