Sign in to follow this  
Guest davies87

Shockwave Lights

Guest davies87

I have just bought shockwave 3d lights for fs 2004 and the strobe light has caused a big frame rate issue as shown in the pic especially when at heathrow. is there any way i can dim the lights circled in the picture or any other advice willl be helpful.Help_adlL1.jpgthanks in advance for any advice

I have just bought shockwave 3d lights for fs 2004 and the strobe light has caused a big frame rate issue as shown in the pic especially when at heathrow. is there any way i can dim the lights circled in the picture or any other advice willl be helpful.Help_adlL1.jpgthanks in advance for any advice
Much to my severe disappointment, I spent hours adding Shockwave 3d lights to all of my highly custom AI. I then spent hours removing them after I realized the HUGE frame rate hit that these lights cause with moderate to heavy AI traffic. I also found that the frame rate hit increments so that as more AI traffic shows up the worse the hit gets. I eventually gets so bad at crowded airports that my mega sytem was brought down to 2 FPS where usually I would get 55 FPS with full AI traffic! The solution? Delete it from your AI traffic unfortunately.Regards,Mike T.

I also found that the frame rate hit increments so that as more AI traffic shows up the worse the hit gets. I eventually gets so bad at crowded airports that my mega sytem was brought down to 2 FPS where usually I would get 55 FPS with full AI traffic! The solution? Delete it from your AI traffic unfortunately.Regards,Mike T.
That's really strange. I have Shockwave lights added to pretty much every single AI plane I could find the coordinates for and I have a fairly hefty AI setup and while there may have been a performance hit, it has been barely noticeable here. Maybe it's a gfx card/driver issue?

That's really strange. I have Shockwave lights added to pretty much every single AI plane I could find the coordinates for and I have a fairly hefty AI setup and while there may have been a performance hit, it has been barely noticeable here. Maybe it's a gfx card/driver issue?
Mac:Try something like KIAH with 100% accurate AI traffic at rush hour (most gates at airport full as in real life). Sit at the gate of your choosing for 1/2 hour for boarding which gives AI traffic to pile up for take off and landing and then tell me what your frame rate is.If you don't get a frame rate hit with an airport full o aircraft then I'll revisit my graphics drivers....(dual ATI 3870HD in crossfireX)

Mac:Try something like KIAH with 100% accurate AI traffic at rush hour (most gates at airport full as in real life). Sit at the gate of your choosing for 1/2 hour for boarding which gives AI traffic to pile up for take off and landing and then tell me what your frame rate is.If you don't get a frame rate hit with an airport full o aircraft then I'll revisit my graphics drivers....(dual ATI 3870HD in crossfireX)
Well, I've got nearly 400 aircraft at and in the vicinity of Aerosoft's LHR and I've done plenty of "spotting" in and around the airport in the past and I get the same frames I always get there, which is between 12-18fps (I also have Gary's Gatwick and UT Europe installed further pushing the area to its limits). It's not that I'm questioning your findings, it's just that I've just never experienced anything like that with Shockwave lights before, so it does come as a bit of a surprise. For the record, I'm running my FS9 at 1600x1200 on a 9800GX2 with a C2Q 9450 overclocked to 3,4Ghz and 2Gb of RAM.