Sign in to follow this  
shortspecialbus

Md-11 "door Open" Won't Go Away

After opening the front left cabin door via the MCDU menu, the message "Door Open" remains on the screen even after closing the door via the same interface. Hitting "Misc" on the SD states that the front left cabin door is still open. It is closed as far as the MCDU menu thinks, as well as an external view confirms that it's closed.Am I doing something wrong here?-stefan

You have to ARM ALL DOORS after using the door feature. That will clear the advisory alarm.

Dan Downs KCRP

I swore I tried that with no luck. I'll give it a go when I get home, provided I can get the cockpit loaded without getting a black screen :(Thanks!-stefan

Guest TSE

After closing the doors, you need to wait 10 - 15 seconds before pressing "arm all doors" or it will not become active.ThanksJoerg

After closing the doors, you need to wait 10 - 15 seconds before pressing "arm all doors" or it will not become active.ThanksJoerg
That would make sense if it were the case.Guess I should read that fat manual. Thanks!-steafn

Guest TSE

just as visual help - when you load the bird, you get a green message bar "Initializing" and counting down from n to 0, right ?- if you arm the doors too soon after closing, you get the same green bar displaying "some doors could not be armed" and the amber DOOR OPEN warning still being there- if you wait long enough before pressing *ARM ALL the green message bar will display "all doors armed" and DOOR OPEN disappearsThanksJoerg