Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

How to access a cfg file for smooth panning

Iwish to edit a cfg file:"Controls add following line: pan-in-cockpit-mode=1"How do I locate the required cfg file?Rodger.

Guest Douglas K

The CFG file you want is FS2002.cfg located inside the FS2002 main folder.Open it with notepad and scroll down to the section below: &l;CONTROLS&r;KBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64PAN_RATE=400Pan_in_cockpit_mode=1The Pan_in_cockpit_mode=1 entry can be placed below the PAN_RATE=400 entry as shown above.

Douglas,Could you explain what you mean by --main folder?When I open FS2002 I see:1033ADDON SCENERYADUaircraft e.t.c.This is my first day with FS2002.I have been running FLY2 and this type of info was found in the systems folder.Rodger.

Guest Tim W

In your main FS2002 directory, along with folders like "aircraft" etc, there will be file called fs2002.cfg. If this file is not there, then you haven't started FS for the first time yet (you said it was your first day with it).So Start FS2002 and make any adjustments you want to the graphics etc, then close fs2002 and when you open up the FS2002 folder again, you will see the file fs2002.cfg. Open with notepad and add your line as suggested above.RegardsTim

Guest racartron

While you're at it, take the opportunity to increase the pan rate from 400 to 900. This will significantly smooth out in-cabin panning in the VC view.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

Tim,Thanks for the reply.Still no FS2002.cfg file.I have made the adjustments to Scenery,Aircraft,Hardware,Realism e.t.c.,created a flight from YSSY(Sydney) and made a Search in Files and Folders.The only fs2002.cfg file found was a sound file.Any other suggestions would be appreciated.Rodger.

Look in your FS2002 root director. It's there

Guest Grunt

c:/PROGRAM FILES/MICROSOFT GAMES/fs2002/FS200.CFG for the default instal locationIt is a text file (opens w/ wordpad or notepad). Sorry if it is an oversimplification, but sometimes I need explicit instructions ;)http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif

Just for your information, it will not say CFG but only FS2002 and it will look like a little notepad file. The other thing to note here is that this "panning" will move the whole panel around insted of your head view {realistic way}. I for the life of me cannot see why one would want to use this option in the 2d panel?Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Hello,What is the result (advantage) of this command? " pan-in-cockpit-mode=1"EmileEBBR

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

That you can use the Hatswitch for panning around in 2D Cockpit mode, instead of the fixed views.Just try it :-)Rob

Yes BUT it moves the PANEL without reference to the aircraft's position. So that when you look 90 degrees to the left, the aircraft SEEMS to be pointing in that direction when really it's still pointing in the direction before you started your panning. Real "free panning" ONLY happens in the virtual cockpit. Notice that in a virtual cockpit that you can really raise your seat height and not just move the horizon like from the 2D panel. The virtual cockpit is really the wave of flight sim's future and we will get a taste of clickable types with FS9 which has been highlighted with Wilco's A320.Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest Stamatis

Randy,What you describe isn't a problem if panning is used while in ide View mode (i.e. no panel visible)Stamatis

Guest Tim W

Well you must have the file, the file is created when you first start FS2002. If you delete it and start FS a new one is created. So If you have started FS2002, you have the file.RegardsTim