Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdundon

Asa Issue

Guest kdundon

Guys, The problem I am having with ASA starts when the program starts parsing line items after download. The only way to correct it is to come out of LNAV and get the aircraft back in control. Below is the part of the log that coincides with the wild turns. I am in a PMDG 744 near the VOR CSI. Downloading global weather data for 12/30/2008 2:20:21 PM (14Z) from Primary Server...Start Download Content License Result CheckFinished Download Content License Result Check in 0 msStart Download File OutputSaving weather to diskFinished Download File Output in 15.625 msStart Decrypt/DecompressFinished Decrypt/Decompress in 29234.375 msDownload Binary Compress File Routine completed in 37593.75 msPopulating weather stream with new data...Parsing line itemsDownload completeDownloading Met/Rep data from Primary Server...Met/Rep Data Received...Met/Rep Download completeSynthesis updatedHope this helpsKen

Guest kdundon

As a follow up to my note, I am now over central US and after going through the recommended settings in the manual I went against the recommendation and disabled(put check mark in box) in FSX the simulation settings of Turbulence and thermal effects on aircraft. I just went through another cycle of weather updates and had no loss of control. Hope this helps. Ken

Guest kdundon
As a follow up to my note, I am now over central US and after going through the recommended settings in the manual I went against the recommendation and disabled(put check mark in box) in FSX the simulation settings of Turbulence and thermal effects on aircraft. I just went through another cycle of weather updates and had no loss of control. Hope this helps. Ken
That also included checking Wind Smoothing in FSUICP. Forgot to put that in. Ken

Guest kdundon

Gentlemen, as a follow up to my last note, I have since reinstalled ASA and went step by step, and reviewed each option and selected the correct ones as I have had two flights of 3 to 4 hours each with absolutly no issues. I plan on making one more long one tomorrow and if it goes like todays it will be a good case for RTFM. Thanks for such a great improvement of the weather depictions. Ken