Sign in to follow this  
Guest japangg

Is the file library down?

I am trying to get to the file library to see what new files have been added, but I get "The page cannot be displayed" anyone else getting this?

Guest Matt Johnson

Yes, the log rotation killed it instead of restarting it. Fixed.

Guest WorkingStiff

Still not working.

Guest WorkingStiff

Figured it out.It was a firewall issue for me. I use Outpost Pro for my filewall and I have the URL "ftp.avsim.com" saved to my Trusted Zone as the address for the AVSIM file library. Apparently that address was changed to "library.avsim.com" recently so my firewall didn't recognize it.I just created a new rule for my firewall and it works perfectly now.

Guest japangg

Hey, I have the same problem (http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=620&mesg_id=620&page=). Is the newaddress "library.avsim.com" or "library.avsim.net"? I use ZoneAlarm Pro (personal edition) and have made the above changes. But still no luck. Gozilla program that I use only shows "Negotiating Transfer" for a vey long time without any progress.Regards,japangg

Guest WorkingStiff

The new address is "library.avsim.net"The easiest method would be to set ZoneAlarm to Rules mode, attempt to download a fine from the library, and ZoneAlarm will suggest the rule that should be added. Add the rule and you could then put the firewall back into the blocking mode.Here's the rule I set up in Outpost Pro.....http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/2301.gif

Guest japangg

Hi,Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to use that feature in ZAP (if there is one).FYI, I tried to download a file from my office computer without any problem whatsoever. The office has installed Download Accelerator Plus, and it worked perfectly.Regards,japangg

Guest Brent Hebert

I've tried every which way possible to allow the IP as well as the URL for the library with Zone Alarm, but it still will not download.I looked for the automatic rules function you talked about, but it doesn't have it in my version.Brent HebertMEMBERhttp://www.cox-internet.com/bhebert/aopa.jpg