Sign in to follow this  
FlightLevel180

Flight Scenery Portland

I have owned Flight Scenery's KPDX and KPVD since the both came out a few years ago and although Ive never had issues with PVD (Rhode Island) I have had issues where the sim would freeze, or just close to desktop while using the Portland scenery. This was both on an older machine and now on a brand new AMD 64x2 3.2 GHz w/ 4 Gigs of RAM and a 512 9800GT video card.I occasionally have this happen at Fly Tampa's KMDW as well, but not as much as at PDX/KHIO.Any others seeing this as well? Id love to post this in the Flight Scenery forum, but it's inactive as well as it wont retrieve my password.thanks,

I have owned Flight Scenery's KPDX and KPVD since the both came out a few years ago and although Ive never had issues with PVD (Rhode Island) I have had issues where the sim would freeze, or just close to desktop while using the Portland scenery. This was both on an older machine and now on a brand new AMD 64x2 3.2 GHz w/ 4 Gigs of RAM and a 512 9800GT video card.I occasionally have this happen at Fly Tampa's KMDW as well, but not as much as at PDX/KHIO.Any others seeing this as well? Id love to post this in the Flight Scenery forum, but it's inactive as well as it wont retrieve my password.thanks,
Yes, the Portland scenery has some problem that causes a lockup and CTD as you approach KPDX. I had the problem and found some info on their forum a few months ago. Are you using FSUIPC? If so, move the dll file out of the modules folder and see if that fixes it. There were quite a few posts on Flight Scenery's forum regarding this problem. The FSUIPC fix is the only one I remember though. Sorry.Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Ah, thanks. It's a shame really because I love the scenery and it's actually my favorite place to fly in and out of (Hillsborough HIO). I have a full size sim and I wont be able to mess around with moving FSUIPC stuff as it drives the sim.thanks again,

This is a new one on me. I've never had an issue with CTDs while approaching KPDX with this scenery. Although frame rates do drop drastically in certain parts of it...like taking off from RWY28L...about half way down the runway, frames will shring down from 50 to 20 briefly and come back up. At gate C22, with AI set at zero, frame rates will drop from 50 to 35 or less while at the gate. I've got a pumped up Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 to 3.8Ghz and a 8800GT Superclock 512Mb card...this scenery will tax em both around certain parts of the airport.Joe