Sign in to follow this  
pilota

New Missions For 2009

Many simmers have written me about my "FSAdventureSky" flights and have asked me when I would make more "Missions".....I like the "Open" structure of "Flights" since I have always thought they are more challenging plus you can do them in whatever sequence you want and under any weather condition---- well I might be wrong!!!!!!!--- I spent the last month or so fooling around with the Mission SDK and have finally "gotten" the "feeling" of this horrendous dis-articulated procedure which was probably conceived in a nightmare!!!!!!!......anyway, I have been able to make a mission with animations, sounds and intricate situations!!!!!......and it looks Nice!!!!!!!!..........I guess that now I am liking it and probably some of you will too....So, after finishing a second one just for myself last night and checking and re-checking it over and flying it several times I have desided:---That for 2009 I will be making both "Missions" and "Flights" but....Missions in larger numbers.........That

Guest jimkeir

Hi,

... fooling around with the Mission SDK and have finally "gotten" the "feeling" of this horrendous dis-articulated procedure which was probably conceived in a nightmare!!!!!!!
There are easier ways, you know :( http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?page_id=26Cheers,Jim

Guest Gunner_CAF

Here is a good resource for mission builders:http://flightsimulatorxmissions.com/index.phpI do most my mission making in the Mission SDK OPT, but I run Jim Mission Editor in the background. You can easily go back and forth between the two and it updates and saves the mission using either OPT or Mission editor. It's a great tool for viewing the overall mission and it's links and I like it for editing text messages. It also makes finding errors and other problems much easier. It's a 'must have' for mission builders.Gunner

Here is a good resource for mission builders:http://flightsimulatorxmissions.com/index.phpI do most my mission making in the Mission SDK OPT, but I run Jim Mission Editor in the background. You can easily go back and forth between the two and it updates and saves the mission using either OPT or Mission editor. It's a great tool for viewing the overall mission and it's links and I like it for editing text messages. It also makes finding errors and other problems much easier. It's a 'must have' for mission builders.Gunner
Good tip, will have to try it....Gera

I spent the last month or so fooling around with the Mission SDK and have finally "gotten" the "feeling" of this horrendous dis-articulated procedure which was probably conceived in a nightmare!!!!!!!......anyway, I have been able to make a mission with animations, sounds and intricate situations!!!!!......and it looks Nice!!!!!!!!..........
Yup, I know how you feel! Creating missions is not the easiest thing in the world. I was in your same shoes not too long ago. Over time you will begin to learn the process though - after you use the tool for a good while. Look forward to seeing missions you create.

I spent the last month or so fooling around with the Mission SDK and have finally "gotten" the "feeling" of this horrendous dis-articulated procedure which was probably conceived in a nightmare!!!!!!! :(
Gera,Once you "get it" (it being the SDK) it will become second nature to you and you'll find a good workflow. There's a lot of power in there that you can explore. I've found very few limitations to what I could do, although there are some. There are also some undocumented bugs, so stay up on your reading of the forums.The SDK documentation was painful in my view. It was very difficult to envision the proper workflow by using the documentation. Your best resource will be the other mission builders at several sites, including www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com and fsdeveloper.com. I find other mission designers to be great resources when I have a particularly thorny problem that I'm having trouble working out a solution for. I've found the community of mission designers to be a bunch of top-notch people willing to help out whenever you need help understanding something.Cheers,Kevin