Sign in to follow this  
Guest lilpianoman

Good Laptop For Fsx On High, W/good Frames

Guest lilpianoman

Looking to buy a laptop around 2000 or below that will play FSX well on high......any specs i should look for, what graphics card?

Dude, your other post is only a few below...And I answered yes to that Gateway you wrote abouthttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=238769

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Nick_N
Looking to buy a laptop around 2000 or below that will play FSX well on high......any specs i should look for, what graphics card?
I have already researched thisThis is the only laptop on the market that will run FSX (close) as you request and it will require you clock it up and disable SLIhttp://explore.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X305/X305-Q708...but it still wont beat a tower and there will be some give and take but it will do better than any other on laptop

Guest Nick_N
I have already researched thisThis is the only laptop on the market that will run FSX (close) as you request and it will require you clock it up and disable SLIhttp://explore.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X305/X305-Q708...but it still wont beat a tower and there will be some give and take but it will do better than any other on laptop
And they have it at newegg now much cheaper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834114633will do 3.4Ghz and has a performance BIOS as I recall

Guest lilpianoman
HOLY CRAP! its 4,199......what if i get Dual 9800GTS's with a Gateway P-7801u, ill include a link......the reviews weren't all that good......i was thinking of a HDX t16 from HP, theyve got 512mb of 9600gt.....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834101166

I have a loptop from Killer notebooks - ( killernotebooks.com ). Model --- NagamakiQX9300 processor - overclocked4 gigs ram2 - 320 gig 7200 rpm hdati 3870 x 2 (crossfire)vista 64 ultimate --- my first vista experience and I am pleasantly surprised1920x1200 res display - plug it into a 24" Benq when I'm homeSuperb after sales support - I am a pain in the@$$ consumer who speaks up if need be.I am in no way affiliated with Killer notebooks. This is my 2nd gaimng laptop from them.I am very pleased. As far as high end gaming laptops go it is attractively priced when you check out the competition. Cooling mods are very interesting.I've been into laptops exclusively since the winter of 2002, gone through more than a few.All the best, Happy New Year,Dave

I own the Toshiba Qosmio with Vista Ultimate pre-installed. FSX runs at 22 - 28 fps with all settings set to high or ultra high and traffic at 70%. I run FSX with ASX and Real Environment Extreme.Complex aircraft add-ons lower these FSP to 17 - 24 which is still acceptable. I have not yet overclocked this machine nor have I disabled SLI. I must admit there are few other programs installed on this machine which are CPU/RAM intensive. By the way I bought Toshiba Qosmio x300-6770 for "only" $ 2,800, 3 weeks ago. I think the $ 4,000+ mentioned earlier is not actual anymore or is for a different model.Hope this help,

HOLY CRAP! its 4,199......what if i get Dual 9800GTS's with a Gateway P-7801u, ill include a link......the reviews weren't all that good......i was thinking of a HDX t16 from HP, theyve got 512mb of 9600gt.....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834101166
The important thing is the CPU - you've gotta to have a Quad core and it needs to run at over 3 GHz (preferably around 4+ GHz) to get decent performance with FSX. Kind of hard to achieve that with a Notebook but there are some very huge and very expensive desktop replacement laptops that can do it.It seems users of Crossfire or SLI setups end up enabling only one of the GPUs anyway due to the CPU overhead when running a multi-GPU setup.Unless you can afford a $4000+ laptop, my suggestion is to either get a desktop system or install FS2004 instead.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The important thing is the CPU - you've gotta to have a Quad core and it needs to run at over 3 GHz (preferably around 4+ GHz) to get decent performance with FSX. Kind of hard to achieve that with a Notebook but there are some very huge and very expensive desktop replacement laptops that can do it.It seems users of Crossfire or SLI setups end up enabling only one of the GPUs anyway due to the CPU overhead when running a multi-GPU setup.Unless you can afford a $4000+ laptop, my suggestion is to either get a desktop system or install FS2004 instead.
I run an Asus G1S Notebook with 3 GB ram. It's about 2 years old now. Works fine in FSX, but you can't max everything out of course.I'd look for the latest Asus gaming notebook. I've been very happy with my Asus and I'll probably get another. They're usually in the $2000 range.Cheers,

I run an Asus G1S Notebook with 3 GB ram. It's about 2 years old now. Works fine in FSX, but you can't max everything out of course.I'd look for the latest Asus gaming notebook. I've been very happy with my Asus and I'll probably get another. They're usually in the $2000 range.Cheers,
Cool, another ASUS user. I'm on a year and a half old C90S myself. Performance in FSX is good enough for me (thanks to the desktop E6700 processor...), however I do want to go back to using a desktop. Laptops are not reliable enough for me.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Cool, another ASUS user. I'm on a year and a half old C90S myself. Performance in FSX is good enough for me (thanks to the desktop E6700 processor...), however I do want to go back to using a desktop. Laptops are not reliable enough for me.
And I'll third that! My notebook is also the ASUS G1S with the NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GT. Quite sure this particular model is no longer produced. The visual quality of aircraft and scenery is superb and since I fly mostly helo's appreciate excellent framerates.Gary

Guest ice1811
And I'll third that! My notebook is also the ASUS G1S with the NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GT. Quite sure this particular model is no longer produced. The visual quality of aircraft and scenery is superb and since I fly mostly helo's appreciate excellent framerates.Gary
Would this be a decent laptop for FSX? I don't need everything maxed, just in the middle or so.http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=3998

Would this be a decent laptop for FSX? I don't need everything maxed, just in the middle or so.http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=3998
That would easily run everything in the middle or so.However, I cannot ever recommend an Acer. All of my friends who have them have issues with them constantly. I guess there's a reason they are so cheap...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I've been running FS for the last few years now on laptops as I work at sea and I can't take a desktop with me to a new ship every few months :)I've used various makes and models along the way... 15", 17" and even 20" laptops... Fujitsu Siemens, HP, Advent... but far and away the best one I have ever used is my current one... an Alienware m15x (15.4" widescreen, C2D T9300, 2GB RAM, 8800M GTX 512MB, 2x 200GB 7,200RPM HDDs). I have had this system now for about 9 months and Alienware have higher spec components available for it now, as well as a 17" model (the m17x) that is SLI capable. Yes they are on the pricey side, but if you want a seriously powerful laptop that works fantastic right out of the box and doesn't come loaded down with all the junk that comes with a laptop bought from a retail store then Alienware will not disappoint.