Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

21" - 22" monitors

Right now, I have a good 19" monitor but am thinking about upgrading to a 21" or 22" monitor since their prices are very reasonable. Is anyone using a very large monitor such as these and would or would you not recommend one? What are some pros and cons with FS2002?Thanks,Robb

Hi Rob,I have a " SyncMaster 1100P ! 21 inch. Every time I sit in front of it I smile. As far as I know...no cons to a lagre screen.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind Regardshttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav44_banner.jpg Check Us Out www.aavirtual.com AAV ROCKS http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Guitar.gif[/img]

Vl3MQY.png

Hi Robb,I'm using a Hitachi 828 21" (together with a NEC 15" TFT) and I highly recommend it considering the low price these days. Quite naturally the bigger the screen in front of you the more you feel "in" the simulator. And if you for some reason have to put the monitor at a distance from you (eg to mount the yoke, to give space for charts etc) you will still have a large screen.The Hitachi has a small footprint and the weight is less than the Sony 19" I'm using here at work. If your hardware doesn't support running MSFS at higher than say 1024x768, it doesn't look that good due to jaggidness. At 1280x960 and higher it's a hoot though.So if you have the money and the hardware I see no reason for holding back on the purchase.Regards,KristerMariehamn, Finland

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thanks Guys!I just ordered a brand new 22" NEC FE1250+ for $449.00 online. This monitor go great reviews on Tomshardware.com, a hardware site I trust and was listed there for $700.00 last summer when the review was written, I can't wait to get it and plug it in to work. As soon as the ATI9800 Pro videocard becomes available, I'm jumping on it to go along with my AMD 2800+ (2.25Ghz) Athlon processor! Yes, I am bragging... :)Robb

Guest Bigshot

The 9800 Pro video card has been available for a week now. Quite a few folks already have it.

Guest gooper

I have a 21" NEC which is terrific just make sure that u don't have to move the thing to often as it will give your back a workout!!!

I guess I should have said as soon as it comes to Best Buy.... Robb

Do you think I will be able to get the thing in my car? I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VRX. Just in case I am not here when FedEx brings it, I will need to go down to get it and will probably have to put it in my car. I can easily get m 19" in the front seat. I wonder about the 22" though. What I probably need to do is to track it to make sure I am home when it arrives...Robb

I LOVE my Sony 520GS 21" Trinitron, but it takes a lot of desk real estate. Had to move my workstation to a corner to make room for the depth of this beast. Well worth the effort. Trust me--you won't be sorry!Hauptmann

Guest sb55mv

>Right now, I have a good 19" monitor but am thinking about >upgrading to a 21" or 22" monitor since their prices are >very reasonable. Is anyone using a very large monitor such >as these and would or would you not recommend one? What are >some pros and cons with FS2002? >>Thanks, >>Robb Hi Rob,well yes sir, the bigger the better, and the more the merrier,I use a 22" in front of me on a GF4Ti4600, and then a GF2 pci running a 20" that I have to the left at a slight angle, I use this with the main one all the time in FS2002, this way I have the Plane / Cockpit in front of me, then FS Nav on the left on the other monitor, great not having to keep switching displays all the time, and like you said, there getting cheaper all the time, I didn't run the other monitor off the GF4 cos I wanted maximum performance all the time,Steve

So RobbieHetell us what you think of your new monitor.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I am getting Dell's 21" (20.1" viewable) UltraSharp flat panel monitor although it is gonna set me back 800 dollars. I got a regular 21" Dell P1110 CRT and it is 19.1" viewable like all other CRT monitors. I hear the Dell's UltraSharp flat panels are awesome though so I am going for that.

Eric 

Guest G_Nava

>Do you think I will be able to get the thing in my car? I>have a 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VRX. Just in case I am not>here when FedEx brings it, I will need to go down to get it>and will probably have to put it in my car. I can easily get>m 19" in the front seat. I wonder about the 22" though. What>I probably need to do is to track it to make sure I am home>when it arrives...>>Robb>are you also bragging about your car? :-hmmmSaludos :-waveGerardo Nava"Venezolano all the way"[p]"Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing its what's dangerous." http://mysite.verizon.net/res09dz0/mynewsig.jpg

remember he posted this over 3 months ago, i just wanna know how he is enjoying it. :-)

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram