Sign in to follow this  
Guest avbuff

Installing Gauges

Guest avbuff

trying to install new panel into erj 145 have panel but can't for the life of me get the gauges installed .The read me mention installing the gauge sound.dll in the WINDOWS'SYSTEM 32 FOLDER not familier with that any assistance would be appreciated thanks

trying to install new panel into erj 145 have panel but can't for the life of me get the gauges installed .The read me mention installing the gauge sound.dll in the WINDOWS'SYSTEM 32 FOLDER not familier with that any assistance would be appreciated thanks
It would be very helpful if you would post the exact file name (?????.zip) of the panel you are trying to install and what site you downloaded it from.That way one of us could download the same file and see exactly what the author has in mind and be able to assist you. :(

Guest belga1

Hello,As you no give us any clues about this addon .. (yet) it's maybe a shot in the dark but:

The read me mention installing the gauge sound.dll in the WINDOWS'SYSTEM 32 FOLDER not familier with that any assistance would be appreciated thanks
This is maybe a typo by the author .. as usually (for not say allways :) ) the gauge sound.dll must be located (installed) in the "modules" folder of FS2004I don't have any sound.dll in my XP windows\system32 folder despite I have a huge amount of planes addon's.Regards.santa2.gif

Hello,As you no give us any clues about this addon .. (yet) it's maybe a shot in the dark but:This is maybe a typo by the author .. as usually (for not say allways :) ) the gauge sound.dll must be located (installed) in the "modules" folder of FS2004I don't have any sound.dll in my XP windows\system32 folder despite I have a huge amount of planes addon's.Regards.santa2.gif
My copy resides in the Main FS9 folder - I was surprised to see it there as I thought it would be in my Modules folder!To the OP - you may get an error message when FS starts up after installing the GaugeSound.dll.If so, you need add the following to your FS9.cfg file under the [OLDMODULES] label:[OLDMODULES]GaugeSound.dll=1If you do not find such a label, just add the entire two lines above to the bottom of your FS9.cfg file and it will be properly organized when you start FS9 again.What we have done is to simply tell FS9 that the GaugeSound.dll is ok to use. It is an older module that FS thinks may be problematic.Your FS9.cfg file is "hidden" by default so when searching for it be sure to check the "search hidden files and folders" option. Assuming a default installation, that file will be located here:C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9Hope all of this is helpful. :(

Guest avbuff

thank you for your quick replys here is download info. erj145v1.zip

thank you for your quick replys here is download info. erj145v1.zip
I find no file by that name in the library here but did find it at Flightsim.The documentation seems very straightforward regarding the placement of the GaugeSound.dll (although I am not sure why he requests you put a copy in the Windows/System32 folder also).quoteCopy all gauges contained in the gauge folder (files with gau extension) into the FS9 gauge folder.Copy all files contained in the panel folder into any ERJ aircraft of your choice. Copy the "wav" files contained in the sound folder into the main FS sound folder (not the aircraft sound folder).Copy the GaugeSound.dll file into the main Flight Simulator 9 folder and also into the Windows/System 32 folder.end quoteIf you have placed the files as the author directs, there should be no problem with them displaying.Be sure you are copying the contents of the various folders and not the folder itself.Are you trying to use this panel with something other than an ERJ aircraft?More details of what you have done and/or are seeing or not seeing might be helpful.Hope this helps.

Guest belga1

Hello,For the sake of curiosity I tested this panel on a Posky ERJ-145 (10 min job)I put all the gauges in the panel folder as usual for me.As I have already the infamous GaugeSound.dll in my FS2004 root folder (And not in the modules folder as I writted in my above post!!)And the FS9.cfg modified accordingly[OLDMODULES]GaugeSound.dll=1 I don't used the provided GaugeSound.dll in the download. I also no put this gauge in the Windows\system32 folder.Result: all work perfect.On side note:

(although I am not sure why he requests you put a copy in the Windows/System32 folder also).
Methink (not tested) .. if you put the GaugeSound.dll in the Windows\System32 folder .. it will be not necessay to put the line GaugeSound.dll=1 in the section Oldmodules of the FS9.cfg for avoid the error message.Must make sens as when this DLL is in the system32 folder she is now part of your OS libraries.Just a tough......Regards.biggrinsanta.gif