Sign in to follow this  
Guest bekfreak

Hd Question

Guest bekfreak

Okay, I'll be ordering my new rig next week at the earliest. (I'll post pictures too!) I'm going to put in my old IDE WD 250gb HD that's still running old XP in it as a secondary driver for storage and to run FS9 on. Is there anything I should do to it before I put it into my new rig?

Just give it a fresh clean format after you install it into your new rig. Nothing I can think of that you should do before hand...unless of course you have another machine available that you can reformat the drive on prior to installation.

Guest bekfreak
Just give it a fresh clean format after you install it into your new rig. Nothing I can think of that you should do before hand...unless of course you have another machine available that you can reformat the drive on prior to installation.
I have over 100gb of files from FS9, iTunes, Pictures, and other stuff that I'd like to avoid loosing.

I have over 100gb of files from FS9, iTunes, Pictures, and other stuff that I'd like to avoid loosing.
Install your old drive, transfer the files to your new drive, reformat the old drive, then transfer the files back to the your old "newly reformatted" drive.