Sign in to follow this  
davidv

Question About A Few Asa Settings And Two Requests

Hello, just a few questions about what the exact implications of the ASA settings are and a couple of requests...First the settings...What is the difference between FSX in global mode and it not in global mode? From what I can tell Global Mode means the weather is just a single bubble around you set to the nearest station that changes every 10 minutes or so, it also means wind and visibility smoothing. Non Global would be the traditional Activesky mode with smooth transitions of weather with fronts visible in the distance and all that, but does mean less wind and visibility smoothing. Is this right?If so if I have FSUIPC (payware) for FSX can I just enable the wind and visibility overrides with it to provide smoothing with that instead, would there be any implications on other ASA weather if I do that? How do I disable global mode once it's been enabled? Does enabling the FSUIPC direct wind and visibility control force FSX weather into global mode anyways?Now the requests...Can we get an option to turn off the AI refresh? I fly online and would rather not have the sim reload the situation after the initial weather load.Also can we get an option for the enhanced overcast again? I turn my Stratus vs Cumulus setting up to 75% for better framerates, but there is often gaps in the Stratus even in full overcast, having the enhanced Overcast option might help with that.Keep up the good work!Thanks,David Voogd

Hi,1. Yes, but I think the "bubble" is larger.2. Disable in ASA if you are using FSUIPC.3. Please take those suggestions and write a short e-mail to tell-us@hifisim.comThanks!