Sign in to follow this  
Guest troop5563

What Is Going On!

Guest troop5563

Hi all 1st time poster. I will try and explain; I can run Active sky 6.5 no problem. I brought ASA the other day and was able to get it to run well no problems: For some reason it will not run anymore. I habe not changed or done anything diffrent. It will start, initialize then the ASA icon will move to the tool bar and nothing else happens. Before it would initialize then the ASA program would open to the main screen. I have un-installed, rebooted, re-installed but i can't get to open like I did when I first purchased it a few days ago. What do you think is going on?

Guest Sebastian_K

This is exactly what happened on my PC. I bought ASA the day it has been released, installed it and instantly started flying. Everything was fine, I shut down the PC and booted later for another round. Until now I experience exactly the same as the other user above.I start ASA, the initialization starts, then the icon drops down to the task bar and that`s it. No chance to see the menu. A bit strange is the fact that I can start FS and the weather generation is really working. But after some minutes my PC crashes - every time. Then, I edited the config by hand (no menu!) with the intention to limit cloud layers (possible CTD reason), but it doesn`t help.I scanned the log-file for any reports but nothing unusual there, no error messages.I deinstalled everything, I cleaned the registry from any Hifi-Sim entries and so on. Reinstallations, FSUPIC reinstallation,... Hours of work, hours of frustration...!! I already gave up hope (50 dollars gone...) until I had read that another user experienced the same.I am curious if you can help us!

Guest Sebastian_K

Although I never changed my screen resolution I was able to solve the not appearing menu problem with the instructions of that linked thread. Thank you so much!!!! :( It seems that those constant CTDs after some minutes (even with reduced cloud layers) are quite another problem.My system:AMD X2 6000+2 Gb RAMNvidia 8800 GTS 765 MbWin XPFS9 only