Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astradan

One Of The Most Immersive Add-ons Ever Released

Guest Astradan

There has been such a load of tosh and twoddle said about the Flight 1 Mustang, by people who simply don't understand the product, the aircraft it models in such an unprecedented way, or the reasons why this level of quality HAS to demand performence from the PC.The Mustang is in my Top 3 of aircraft add-ons released for any version of FS, and that is in 200 years of personal flight simming (I am almost as old as Yoda). :( The immersion, the textures, the sounds, the FDE, the F1 Mustang is just stunning on every way.Don't listen to the people out there who are picking at ridiculously small and insignificant things that 'annoy' them about this add-on.A small minority (including some who should really know better) have sounded a disproportionately loud voice about 'bugs' and 'issues' - the people like myself who bought this wonderful product and love it, are too busy flying and enjoying it to be on the forums talking about how good it is.I bought the Mustang 10 days ago and have not been able to tear myself away from it since. It has the best staying power I've seen in any add-on. It just gets better the more one flies it.I felt this needed to be said.A big congratulations and thanks to Jim and the team, for bringing this revolutionary aircraft to our sims.Regards,David RogersDurham, England.

Guest ziporama

Thanks for sharing your experience - a lot of hard work goes into these products before they reach the market, it is nice to see a focus on what works. Etienne MartinAVSIM staff reviewer

Don't listen to the people out there who are picking at ridiculously small and insignificant things that 'annoy' them about this add-on.I just have to call you on this. You call the lack of VNAV systems, and a NAVAID DB that lacks ILS's and terminal procedures, when other "Payware" addons of the same caliber include them "small and insignificant?" To me those are pretty significant and appropriate criticism for this product. It is still a very good model, visually and performance wise, but lacking these items, it is not without fault.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I agree the Mustang is terrific.I've flown nothing but since its release.Pairing it with ASA and flying LPV WAAS approaches into small airports in terrible weather is a blast.True the full database is missing but it's been mentioned to death that it's being updated but it doesn't seem to register with a few.I think most of the complainers are the same ones that complain about every release.Some even coming from Flight1's competitors who I guess thought they would get on here and complain as they sit watching the markets and try to figure out which currency they should charge in today.Anyways congrats to the Flight1 team for a job well done on the Mustang.Michael

Some even coming from Flight1's competitors who I guess thought they would get on here and complain as they sit watching the markets and try to figure out which currency they should charge in today.Anyways congrats to the Flight1 team for a job well done on the Mustang.
We're not making any G1000 bizjets, we're not their competitor on this aircraft or anything similar, please stop saying that.I wrote what I wrote as a Flight 1 customer and simmer, not as a representative of who I work for. Did I lose the ability to speak my mind independently of a company somewhere? I was a paying simmer long before I worked for anyone and I still am, our products speak for themselves and I absolutey did not write what I wrote about the Mustang because I'm trying to trash other developers. If you search my post history on this forum, you'll find that I have in the past offered up praise for many other Flight 1 products like the Cessna 421, Super 80, the Ultimate Terrain and Ultimate Traffic series, and so on. I've recommended the Flight 1 Cessna 172 on our own forum numerous times and will do so in the future to people asking for a good basic trainer. That entire notion that what I wrote is some sort of hatchet job by a competitor just does not jive with my history here. Nothing I said in my post was untrue, it was not stated in a disrespectful or abusive manner, and despite this it was almost summarily deleted with no explanation by the FSX forum's moderators. I've never asked for a thread critical of one of our products (and there's been several long ones in this very forum) to be deleted outside of our own support forum.I want you all to know too, I have NOT refunded the Mustang - the plane has great potential and I'm waiting to see if they fix the issues. The visuals and the G1000 simulation that is there are very well done and I'm willing to take them at their word that they will fix the systems issues that concern me.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Did I lose the ability to speak my mind independently of a company somewhere?I agree, but I think some of the problem comes from your user identity (And all other commercial developers ID's). While you say you are speaking for yourself, your user ID states your from PMDG Support and are a commercial user. Maybe Avsim can assign a second ID (regular member) for the Commercial developers, that they could use when posting on something unrelated to what they are working on. This way it won't give the impression that they are speaking for the commercial entity themselves.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

It is a really great aircraft, but like tf51d brings up, the fact that a major portion of the nav data was missing at release is an issue. Not to mention the crashing of the G1000 a lot of users are experiencing. However, with the release of FSX you'll notice a lot of products are HARDLY bug-free at release, a lot more so than with FS9. Because with FSX we have SP1/2, XP vs Vista, 32bit vs. 64bit, DX9 vs DX10 - oh so many combinations. I think this is what brings out the bugs.... and some are hard to find. So I think the service pack or packs will help polish up loose ends. I too have been flying it extensively.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

"and despite this it was almost summarily deleted with no explanation by the FSX forum's moderators"and my understanding as an Avsim mod is no one is sure what happened to that thread, and was a possible growing pain of learning how to use the new forum software by even the mods.We got several alerts on the thread, a mod alerted the others, and it appears if one mod alerts other mods on the thread that it is made automatically "invisible".That is at least my understanding, and I am not even sure myself. I guess the next time a thread gets alerted and a mod lets the others know we will find out.

Wonderful piece of work. I will welcome any future improvements. I am flying this one everywhere with many hours logged so far. I too would love vnav and more navaids. Still, I am a satisfied customer. I wish the same group would publish a Hawker/Beechcraft King Air 350.

Here, here! I would like to nominate the Mustang for payware aircraft of the year! Great stuff!Concerning the bugs I see a lot more devastating defects in other products that were intentional 'features.'

Guest SkullxBones
I agree the Mustang is terrific.I've flown nothing but since its release.Pairing it with ASA and flying LPV WAAS approaches into small airports in terrible weather is a blast.True the full database is missing but it's been mentioned to death that it's being updated but it doesn't seem to register with a few.I think most of the complainers are the same ones that complain about every release.Some even coming from Flight1's competitors who I guess thought they would get on here and complain as they sit watching the markets and try to figure out which currency they should charge in today.Anyways congrats to the Flight1 team for a job well done on the Mustang.Michael
Let me make sure I have this straight. Don't complain about the Flight1 Mustang, but do complain about PMDG?

Let me make sure I have this straight. Don't complain about the Flight1 Mustang, but do complain about PMDG?
Sure,why not?I have the right to do so.Just like you have the right to complain about me complaining about others.I don't believe members who are affiliated with other developers should come here and complain about other devs products.But this is just my opinion.As a paying cutomer Ryan has the right to voice his opinion I just think he should have gone about it differently that's all.I have every product PMDG has put out for FS9 and FSX besides the MD-11 and they are all exceptional products.I'll no doubt pick up the MD-11 as soon as they settle on a currency.In closing may I ask with your screen name are you a graduate of Yale? Dang now I'm craving Frank Pepe's pizza.Michael

Guest -BeNt-

Eh now, if we are going to start nominating Payware A/C of the year I'mma have to give it up to the PMDG team for the MD-11. The complexity of that aircraft versus the Flight1 Mustang is way more advanced. Besides compairing anything PMDG does with this release is not even equivalent. Not even the same class. Not even competing here! The mustang is a nice bird a visually stunning, but I think some people expected more than they got, hence some of the threads here. I know 100 times over the nav database has been talked about and will eventually get fixed, but that was a major burn on my part, once everything comes up to snuff I will fly it. Right now it basically does the same thing my CJ1 does, maybe better, maybe worse, that's all on user tastes.

I would certainly hope that the PMDG MD-11 is way more complex than the Flight1 Mustang given that's how it is in the real world.A multi crew aircraft versus a cerified single pilot aircraft.Both excellent I'm sure.Happy New Year,Michael

I would certainly hope that the PMDG MD-11 is way more complex than the Flight1 Mustang given that's how it is in the real world.A multi crew aircraft versus a cerified single pilot aircraft.Both excellent I'm sure.Happy New Year,Michael
In my case-I am only interested in flying what I fly or will fly rw. Therefore the PMDG though I am sure is excellent,and complex has no interest for me. The G1000 which I have flown with and see myself having more to do with in the future is the big draw for me in the Mustang. I would get the Mustang for this alone-but add all the other stuff-such as the most realistic icing I have seen in fs yet, and the fact that it is a very flyable aircraft (e.g. autopilot not needed which to me relegates me to the role of a passenger-not a pilot-I have a nice one in my real bird and only use it as a last resort for the same reason) makes this one a must have for me. I find it handles very close to a Baron's numbers-except it goes higher and therefore faster-and since no one has done a good Baron yet for fsx, and certainly none have done icing like this, this is now my favorite fs aircraft.That being said-it isn't perfect-the g1000 isn't 100% simulated. For the price I didn't really expect that-check out some of the rw prices on software to just learn how to use a g1000. . The Mustang g1000 is pretty close though-and will save me quite a bit of real $$ learning how to use most of its functions on my desktop.....I haven't found anything closer right now..and saving rw $$ using my desktop is very valuable to me. I fly in the rw to fly-not button punch-and I use the sim the same way. The Mustang is a flying machine-pure and simple. There are few fs aircraft that make me feel like I am doing the real thing-this is one of them.The Op's heading is "most immersive" -not most perfect.I agree with immersive and I can't seem to break away from this one-rare for me-and that includes some other really great titles that usually hold my interest only a couple of days. As mentioned the database which is one of the major complaints should be updated any day now. I read that the database guy took off on vacation after release-kinda understandable to me. Not worried about this item.