Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Need some help, bad!

When my motherboard died, my computer guy replaced it. He also had to replace my video card with an ATI Rage 32 meg card. Now when I run FS, and hit a key on my CH yoke it will reboot the computer. Also, at times it locks up. If I go to the outside view and hit the hat switch it will lock up or reboot. I need some help! Here is what I have.AMT processor1.4 gig256 ramAMT rage 128 32 megLatest direct XLatest glide driverWindows XP ProfessionalCH yoke and pedels USBMany thanks.Ed

Guest ba747heavy

What was the card that got replaced? The card that was givin to you is a really old card, I would be really made at your computer guy for giving it to you. No idea why it is locking up....

Guest emergency_pants

Well... can't be so sure why it reboots, but an idea might be that your PC needs a better Power supply? I have several USB items and when I plug them all in and use them, my PC reboots. I need to unplug one item. It's because I only have a 300w Power Supply Unit. With a bigger processor, new MB and more powerful Graphics card, I really need 400w nowdays. Maybe this is why you are getting a reboot too.What motherboard is it?Does the CH product have its own power supply?Is your Modem USB too?You need to isolate the problem. try opening your PC and removing ALL your peripherals. Leave only Hard Drive, Graphics card & monitor, mouse, keyboard connected.Add your CH products and see what happens. If you still have a crash with only essential bits connected, you need to take your PC back to your PC guy and get him to install the stuff properly.If there is no crash, add items one by one, starting with your CD-Drive, then your SoundCard, then keep going until you get your crash. That will help id where the problem is.Make sure you have all your drivers up to date.Also consider the drivers for your motherboard. And also an up to date BIOS. Don't tinker too much with BIOS flash yourself unless you feel confident.If the work was done in a workshop by a pro, and you paid for it, you might wanna tell him you have a problem and have him fix it for you.Good luck with it.Simon.

Guest tascaso

You need to take it back to your computer guy that should not be happening. Also, that video card is rather inadequate for FS. Do some homework on the web and find yourself a nice card that has some good performance features and a lot more memory 64 minimum and 128 much better. Good luck and be a wary, savey and confident consumer.Tony Ascaso RN

Hi,Did the computer guy reformat the drive after he fitted the new motherboard.?My guess is that the new motherboard would be different from your original, and therefore some settings would be slightly different from the old ones and Windows interprets them differently.I have seen this many times before where people have changed the motherboard and expected it to work correctly without reformating the hard drive..Try the reformat, then reinstall FS and check all is ok..RegardsDK>When my motherboard died, my computer guy replaced it. He >also had to replace my video card with an ATI Rage 32 meg >card. Now when I run FS, and hit a key on my CH yoke it will >reboot the computer. Also, at times it locks up. If I go to >the outside view and hit the hat switch it will lock up or >reboot. I need some help! >>Here is what I have. >>AMT processor >1.4 gig >256 ram >AMT rage 128 32 meg >Latest direct X >Latest glide driver >Windows XP Professional >CH yoke and pedels USB >>Many thanks. >>Ed

Guest ba747heavy

Those are all really good suggestions. Do the perihperal one first, and then if that doesn't work do the format one. I bet the format will solve the problem,And BTW, get a new vid card ;-)

Guest ba747heavy

Ed,Thanks. Glad to help :D