Sign in to follow this  
Guest thelynx

Time For Consistency

Guest thelynx

A long-standing personal annoyance with the AVSIM library and that other far less intuitive, annoying and unmentionable website is the lack of consistency when posting descriptions of freeware uploads. For example, below is a file posting for a repaint from December 30th: Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - AI Aircraft New! P.P.Porty Lotnicze Let L-410UVPE-15 SP-TPB File Description: This packet includes my repaint "Let L-410UVPE-15 P.P.Porty Lotnicze SP-TPB", AI model author Viktor Schacht. Original model find on www.avsim.com. I use painkit by Eduardo Mazuera, thanks for it. Filename: porty_lotnicze_l410.zip License: Freeware Added: 30th December 2008 Downloads: 69 Author: miloslav wolf Size: 530kbUnderstanding and appreciating the global community that is AVSIM, I certainly am not bothered by the descriptive grammatical twists. What annoys me is the fact that, if I wanted to use this repaint, I would then have to search for the base model. AVSIM and its contributors do a far better job of cross referencing necessary files than that other stupid site, but it's not perfect.I would like to see a requirement of posting consistency including linked references to all necessary installation files before any post is approved for general distribution.

I would like to see a requirement of posting consistency including linked references to all necessary installation files before any post is approved for general distribution.
We are doing some experimentation in that area. We'll keep you posted.

Guest 3rd seat
We are doing some experimentation in that area. We'll keep you posted.
Hey Tom .my question is why messup a good thing.Right now we have all the info put in front of us but along comes this new system and your clicking all over before you find what used to be right there. If its not screwedup dont mess with it. Its bad enough that in the new forums you have to click to find the mesg. but then you have to click lowfi to see alll the replys. I think someone has sold you some some web design software and is guaranteeing some savings to you. At least at FS,com and SOH you can review the replys.Time to do a mag check and sit back and see what people are saying. :( :( :( :o :P