hi jim, whats the point in reducing settings and flying in order to make use of another add on software work properly???? makes no sense....a computer that has been performing flawlessly till now, but has suddenly started giving problems because of ASA clearly indicates that the problem lies with ASA. Y should anybody on Earth compromise FSX settings to take advantage of ASA??? it is upto the software developers to make sure that their software is compatible on every system in the world. and thats y they mention the minimum and recommended system requirements. not ask the users to turn down their graphical settings. example, myself. i have a monster machine that can run the latest games today (including FSX) without a hitch (do not want to give out specifics). OOM only occurred after installing ASA and 1 hour into flight. if u say u've not been getting these errors try flying with all settings in ultra high and running ASA simultaneously and then report back. thanks.Ashwath.
Hey Ashwath-If you run Task manager while in windowed mode, you can see the available memory being consumed until the oom appears. Run the same flight again with AG set to zero, memory will stay ~1.67gbI'm hoping they are working on this.Mark

Well I'm surprised at this: The CoolSky MD80 suffered long with OOM errors and the "fix" is below. It applies only to XP, though, with the second part only applicable if you're not running SP2. I hope this will help some folks until "the team" finds a solution.Rider:- This is being written for the folks who aren't too sure of themselves and their "messing with the OS" abilities, so follow it word for word if you're in that bracket. (Also - if anyone spots an error here please feel absolutely free to correct me. I might have missed something, but I don't think so).A.1). Open Windows Explorer. L-Click on your Local Disk (C:). Look for boot.ini. If you can't see it - select "Tools"->"Folder Options"->"Hidden files and folders"-> select "Show hidden files and folders". Press "OK". You should now be able to see your boot.ini file.2). R-Click in boot.ini. Select "Copy", and then R-Click anywhere in the same right window pane and select "Paste", so you now have a backup of the original file.3). R-Click on boot.ini. Select "Properties" and uncheck "Read-only", so that you can now edit it.4). R-Click on boot.ini again, and select "Edit". You will find a line which is similar (mine is XP Professional - yours maybe XP Home) to the one below:-multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional - normal" /fastdetect5). Make a single line space above this line, and insert the following line (modified to reflect your particular version of the OS):-multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional - modified" /fastdetect /noguiboot /NoExecute=OptIn /3GB /Userva=2560 If your machine matches mine - then you can cut and paste this line from this post into notepad as it is, and it will work just fine. If you hand-type it in - make sure of the spacing between the individual parameters.6). Once this is done, close and save the file and reset it's "Read-only" property. Reboot.7). During the reboot this file will pop up, displaying both lines: choose the new line: it will default to the new line, but you can speed it up by selecting it.B.1). SP2 already enables FSX as an application which is "LARGEADDRESSAWARE", so the following really isn't needed, but - if you're only at SP1:- The easy way to make FSX SP1 large address aware is to download a program called CFF Explorer from :-http://www.download.com/CFF-Explorer/3000-...4-10431156.htmlAfter you've saved and installed it - launch the program, browse to and "Open" your fsx.exe: (to see it you will need to select "exe" in the "Files of type" in the bottom left corner of the browse window. Once you've done that the left window will present a "tree" of files and folders: select "file Header". In the right pane you will then see a pink box marked "Click here".... so click there... and a new window will open up called "Characteristics". Halfway down is a check box with the caption "App can handle >2gb addressest". Check the box. Done. Close CFF Explorer and start FSX. No more OOM errors.There is a much bigger explanation in this thread if you need it:-http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=65741&hl=

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Well I'm surprised at this: The CoolSky MD80 suffered long with OOM errors and the "fix" is below. It applies only to XP, though, with the second part only applicable if you're not running SP2. I hope this will help some folks until "the team" finds a solution.
I've already had my set-up as you have outlined for months now.....but am still getting OOM errors.But a good description of what can be done none the less.

I've already had my set-up as you have outlined for months now.....but am still getting OOM errors.But a good description of what can be done none the less.
Ouch!.. Interesting... I have to say, bk, I thought ASA was the cat's meow, as I haven't had a single issue with it. It's beautiful! :( I'm out of ideas, then. It seems more frame-friendly than ASX w/ASG. I'm running SEA-PDX, TripleHead2Go - 3840 x 1024, TrackIR4, UT_USA, GEX, FSGenesis, some of Nick_N's freebee textures, ASPax, PrintScreen and flying the Maddog MD80. Just an afterthought - I'm also running Ken Salter's Alacrity to optimize the pc, along with Diskeeper defragger....

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have been a long time Active Sky user and have never had the type of problems I have with ASA. First I too have had the OOM problem occur with my FSX/LDS 763 configuration. I have a 4GB of memory on my dual core system. Next I uncleced priortiy processing, which did eliminate the OOM problem, but I do have strange behavior in FSX which does not occur with ASX. For the time being I have un-installed ASA and have no problems with my LDS763. Damian and Jim I hope you can look into this problem. ThanksBob

Guest firehawk44
I have been a long time Active Sky user and have never had the type of problems I have with ASA. First I too have had the OOM problem occur with my FSX/LDS 763 configuration. I have a 4GB of memory on my dual core system. Next I uncleced priortiy processing, which did eliminate the OOM problem, but I do have strange behavior in FSX which does not occur with ASX. For the time being I have un-installed ASA and have no problems with my LDS763. Damian and Jim I hope you can look into this problem. ThanksBob
Priority processing has to be engaged everytime you start up FSX (if you're going to use it). It goes back to default everytime you restart your system. I never saw any improvement using priority processing but then I only have 2 cores and I think it works better with 4. Sounds like to me you do not have your /3GB switch properly set up and you're using "priority processing" instead? It must be set up properly on every 32 bit XP and Vista OS or you're going to have occasional issues like the one you're describing. Even Microsoft admitted this was a major problem with FSX/Vista/XP OS's. FYI, I did a flight from LAX to SFO in my LDS763 w/ASA real weather engaged and XPAX also running in the background. There were massive clouds and horrible weather, especially around LAX, but it was all along the route. The flight was very smooth the whole route. I sure hope Damian and/or Jim can help you but I would think it would be a difficult task when others are having no problems with this program and are enjoying it immensely!Another thing you might check out is your dll.xml and scenery.cfg. Make sure neither are corrupt as any corruption could be causing your problems. I know the Wilco737PIC corrupts the dll.xml when it is installed. I know because I recently downloaded the most recent setup files for the 737 from Wilco and my dll.xml was corrupt. Fortunately I backed up the dll.xml before I installed the 737Pic. ASA also loads a gauge in your FSX.cfg and you might make sure it is properly loaded and the old ASX one has been removed.Best regards,Jim Young

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi All,Just a quick message to let you know that we are working on this and it is our #1 priority at the moment.Regards

Guest awsparx

hi all if it helps elemininate anything i havent seen it on my system of yet :-q9550.asus maximus formula 2 mobo.4gb ocz pc6400 ram.bfg 280 gtx gfx card.Vista 64 FSX - SP2completed a long antartic flight yesterday (nzpg>nz12) using the captain sim c-130 and xgraphics texures snapshot installed using ASA on FSX no problems 20 fps all the way ..i,ll try one with the lvld 767 and post if it crashes.. mike..

Hi All,Just a quick message to let you know that we are working on this and it is our #1 priority at the moment.Regards
Thanks, Carl. I'll stop ragging now :( Markps. I'm still testing my system as we speak to get some clues but have had no luck whatsoever so far.

Priority processing has to be engaged everytime you start up FSX (if you're going to use it). It goes back to default everytime you restart your system. I never saw any improvement using priority processing but then I only have 2 cores and I think it works better with 4. Sounds like to me you do not have your /3GB switch properly set up and you're using "priority processing" instead? It must be set up properly on every 32 bit XP and Vista OS or you're going to have occasional issues like the one you're describing. Even Microsoft admitted this was a major problem with FSX/Vista/XP OS's. FYI, I did a flight from LAX to SFO in my LDS763 w/ASA real weather engaged and XPAX also running in the background. There were massive clouds and horrible weather, especially around LAX, but it was all along the route. The flight was very smooth the whole route. I sure hope Damian and/or Jim can help you but I would think it would be a difficult task when others are having no problems with this program and are enjoying it immensely!Another thing you might check out is your dll.xml and scenery.cfg. Make sure neither are corrupt as any corruption could be causing your problems. I know the Wilco737PIC corrupts the dll.xml when it is installed. I know because I recently downloaded the most recent setup files for the 737 from Wilco and my dll.xml was corrupt. Fortunately I backed up the dll.xml before I installed the 737Pic. ASA also loads a gauge in your FSX.cfg and you might make sure it is properly loaded and the old ASX one has been removed.Best regards,Jim Young
Thanks Jim for your suggestions. no I have not activated the 3GB swith. I must admit I don't know to do that :( On the subject of corrupted files I don't think so, yesterday I flew from HNL to IAD with ASX no a single problem, that was a VERY long flgiht with lots of weather conditions. I see from another note that they are working on this OOM issue.Bob

Running a 64 bit OS will/should get rid of OOM errors.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest abulaafia
Running a 64 bit OS will/should get rid of OOM errors.
no it doesn't. ASA managed to introduce OOMs to 64-bit systems. I had my first ever after 6 hours of ASA flight, and I run 64, no problems with full detail, autogen, PMDG 747/mD until ASA arrived.

I'm running FSX and ASX fine, but I get OOM errors 1-3 hours into a flight when I use ASA. The strange thing is, ASX/ASA are on a completely different computer, so it cannot be the ASA process memory usage that is causing this, but something that ASA tells FSX to do over Simconnect.Tom

I'm running FSX and ASX fine, but I get OOM errors 1-3 hours into a flight when I use ASA. The strange thing is, ASX/ASA are on a completely different computer, so it cannot be the ASA process memory usage that is causing this, but something that ASA tells FSX to do over Simconnect.Tom
Maybe, maybe not. If I disable AG after takeoff at KSEA (~1.67gb) and fly to and land at KLAX, I have no OOM with ~1.81gb memory usage. With AG at normal, 2.23gb OOM 100 miles out of KLAX. Go figure. :( Mark

Guest ashwath
Maybe, maybe not. If I disable AG after takeoff at KSEA (~1.67gb) and fly to and land at KLAX, I have no OOM with ~1.81gb memory usage. With AG at normal, 2.23gb OOM 100 miles out of KLAX. Go figure. :( Mark
hi,setting the autogen to sparse will eliminate or atleast reduce OOM issues with ASA. but setting autogen to normal is a definite OOM. i've tried it and it works. without ASA i can have autogen at maximum and i still wont get OOM. still a patch is required for ASA.regards,Ashwath.