Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Crackling Poping Sounds , Could A Panel Cause This ?

I have this really annoying sound problem with FS9 , i dont recall having it with my old PC and cant remember having it with this one when i first brought it , the PC specs are quite low by todays standards its aAMD64 40002 GIGS DDR 667GF 7600 GT graphics card (177.92 drivers )MB is a Asus M2Vsound card is a SB live 5.1 (5.12.2.252 drivers )latest DX9CThe problem is that when i advance the throttles or retard them the engine sounds would crackle /pop on some aircraft , now if this happened to every A/C this would point to a sound card problem but it does not .. it happens with the Dream Fleet Beech 58 , Digital Aviation PA31T ,Aeroworx B200 and MAAM-SIM DC3 .. the DC3 was really bad but got round that but using the default DC3 sounds ( kind of takes half the fun away thou ), and did to a few others but i downloaded new sound files for them and it helped , i know a few would say its the Sound Blaster card as its prone for this but i tried my on board sound and it still happens , its really bugging me at the mo any ideas what else could cause this ?To minimize it I tend to have my Aircraft sounds set really low so i dont hear the crackling ( like 25 or under ) and turn my environment sound setting up , plus i turn the treble down to low .Going by other peoples pc problems this is just minor but its beginning to stop me from flying or using FS .. i dont get any problems in other games just flight sim .I did some more testing with the Dream Fleet Beech 58, i copied the sound folder to the default Beech 58 and it sounds how it should no crackling or popping when i advance or retard the throttles ... so im wondering if it could be some thing thing to do with the panel ? sounds stupid but why would it sound ok with the default but popping with the DF version ? Thanks Rich Happy new year

ugcx_banner.png

If the Dream Fleet supplied sound files are standard .wav files, play them with an audio application and see how they sound.Have you installed any add-on global sound files that replaced defaults?Also check creative lab's site for any driver patches.Also make sure if your mobo card has one its on board sound chip is disabled and you are in fact using your add-on card.

SoundBlaster is your problem. They've lost a lot of customers because of it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi,I could solve this problem on my system (with an on board sound system) by installing one of the earlier versions (v2.7) of ASIO4ALL (freeware).Best wishes,Hugo

Hi,I could solve this problem on my system (with an on board sound system) by installing one of the earlier versions (v2.7) of ASIO4ALL (freeware).Best wishes,Hugo
Thanks for the replies .. with regards to the sound settings in FS i have tried medium and low and in fact it makes the crackling worse , the only direct X setting that got rid of it was none , i did try ASIO4ALL once but i could never get it to work or start up so looks like my sound card ain't compatible with it . I would say it was the sound blaster card that was causing it but i took it out and tried my on board one and it did it to the same A/C ...very strange and its not a conflict as the sound card and graphics card are on their own IRQ , at the moment i have a slight work around in that i have installed a gyro sound that plays all the time and have set it just loud enough so its louder then the crackling lol lol not very realistic thou .. the sound settings in FS are high sounds and 20 for the engine and 40 - 50 for most of the others and 100 for ATC . It would be great to find a fix and i wish it happened to all A/C so i could say it was the sound card but at this point i dont wanna get a new one just in case . Take care all Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Thanks for the replies .. with regards to the sound settings in FS i have tried medium and low and in fact it makes the crackling worse , the only direct X setting that got rid of it was none , i did try ASIO4ALL once but i could never get it to work or start up so looks like my sound card ain't compatible with it .I would say it was the sound blaster card that was causing it but i took it out and tried my on board one and it did it to the same A/C ...very strange and its not a conflict as the sound card and graphics card are on their own IRQ , at the moment i have a slight work around in that i have installed a gyro sound that plays all the time and have set it just loud enough so its louder then the crackling lol lol not very realistic thou .. the sound settings in FS are high sounds and 20 for the engine and 40 - 50 for most of the others and 100 for ATC .It would be great to find a fix and i wish it happened to all A/C so i could say it was the sound card but at this point i dont wanna get a new one just in case .Take care all Rich
I had this problem after I installed the majestic Digital Aviation Cheyenne. I went to my SoundBlaster Live diagnostics and let it fix the problem it found and all was well from then on.