Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

Historical Weather Download Times Extremely Long

Instead of the 2mins stated on the dialog box when downloading historical weather, I get times in excess of 8 and more minutes for a single hour (ASA log file is attached). My ADSL internet connection does never drop and the WiFi I have goes up well above 860 kBits/s download.Andreas

Hi,Which hour file do you see that took 8 minutes to download? I saw 11 files that were downloaded and processed 51 minutes.Thanks,Jim

Look at these lines:6:04:48 PM:0687 - Downloading global weather data for 12/30/2008 12:00:00 AM (08Z) from Secondary Server...6:14:43 PM:0015 - Downloading global weather data for 12/30/2008 12:00:00 AM (09Z) from Secondary Server...Almost 10 mins for the 08Z download.The log file is just an example, the previous I had showed >8 mins for 2 downloads. Sorry that I didn't attach that one, I somehow messed up the logfile attachments...Andreas

Hi,The actual download took 10 seconds. After that the file is processed and this may take some time as it is a lot of data.Thanks,