Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

Extreme Startup Times For Asa Program Startup

The time ASA needs to load and initialize is extremely long (I don't have the internet always on). Any plans to improve this?Andreas

The time ASA needs to load and initialize is extremely long (I don't have the internet always on). Any plans to improve this?Andreas
What are your computer specs?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

What are your computer specs?
Specs don't seem to make a difference on this one, I run @ 4.4 with DDR3@1400 and ASA takes at least 5x as long as FS does to load. With ASV my weather was loaded within 2 minutes of FS loading, with ASA it is easily 4-5 minutes beyond the 2 ASV did abd for the first time I find myself really sitting and waiting for my weather.But as another posted below the time issues and winds over the Atlantic have forced me back to ASV for now anyway.Best of luck to HiFi getting these issues resolved. and Happy New Year everyone!!!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

What I've noticed is that ASA's initial load is slow, but once it's ready, the Wx loads into the sim (FS9) really fast. Hasn't been an issue for me since I just start it first and let it go while planning my flight with charts and fuel numbers, but it should be faster. I wonder what makes it slow? Is it DLing a complete list of Wx for everywhere with METARs or what?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi,Not sure if this is FS04 or FSX.A few things:1. There is much more going on at startup, download, and processing then in previous programs.2. We send data to FSUIPC as fast as it can handle it. Any faster and errors would start to take place.Thanks!

With ASV my weather was loaded within 2 minutes of FS loading, with ASA it is easily 4-5 minutes beyond the 2 ASV did abd for the first time I find myself really sitting and waiting for my weather.
Oh, you are used to ASv6. Well, then yes, ASA's boot time must be quite a shock for you. However, compared to ASX, I think the load time is about the same with ASA.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB