Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Help! Scenery Problem !

My Flight Simulator 2002 can't load the scenery textures in everywhere. When I start to play at the first time, this problem already exists. I haven't changed any settings. And this problem have stressed me above a year! The error message is that : Scenery Reading Error! Attemping to open a nonexistent directory : c:program filesmicrosoft gamesfs2002xxxxxxxxxThe "xxxxxxxxxx" is some error codes...not in English..Please help~ : (

Check your scenery.cfg file to see if it has become corrupted. You will have to check each area to ensure it is pointing to the correct folder.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already checked the scenery.cfg. There's no missing folder of scenery and the folders are correctly linked. When I just enable the scenery of Chicago (disable all other cities scenery) , and start at the Meigs. The problem still exist..And here is a question, are the folders' names neccessary be Case-insensitive?

I don't think so, since looking at the scenery.cfg file you have entries:&l;Area.007&r;Title=Southern AfricaActive=TRUELayer=7Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemafricaswhere:drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDB is capitalized and the scenery.cfg file shows it lower case.Another thing you might try, rename your fs2002.cfg to fs2002.cfg.OLD, restart fs2002, let it stablize, and see if the problem is fixed.As a last resort, copy your fs2002 folder and rename the copy fs2002.OLD. Uninstall fs2002 with the Windows Add/Remove program menu. Using Windows Explorer, delete any residual fs2002 folders (NOT fs2002.OLD). Install fs2002 to the same location. Start fs2002 to see if you still have the problem. If the problem still exists, you may need to try a clean boot of fs2002 - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...Ben-us%3B245063 . If the problem is fixed, you can delete fs2002.OLD or copy any files you want to the new fs2002 folder. Bear in mind that something is corrupted within the fs2002.OLD folder.

I am sorry to hear that scenery corruption happen to you.The same thing happened to me. I ended up reinstalling the whole thing. It took me the entire weekend to get my FS back up to what I had it before. Reinstalling addons and such. Turns out it was a good thing for me, because I reclaimed a gig of harddrive space and got rid of some files that were not needed. I didn't think to back up the old FS2002 to just swap out files. But I don't think that would work with registries. I could be wrong.