Sign in to follow this  
StevenW

View Switching On Throttle Input

G'day,After installing XP and FSX SP2 plus most of my gear I am having a problem I haven't had before.When I start a flight it starts from the VC. When I move the throttle, Prop or mixture levers on the Saitek throttle combo the fiew switches to the outside view. It only does it once per flight.I have a registered FSUIPC with the defaults set and I have checked the settings anyway.I have closed the Saitek profile system though it has no profiles loaded anyway.It is a new install of the OS and FSX.Any ideas!?Steven.

Guest -BeNt-

Did you make sure you don't have any controls defined in FSX AND Fsuipc?

G'day,After installing XP and FSX SP2 plus most of my gear I am having a problem I haven't had before.When I start a flight it starts from the VC. When I move the throttle, Prop or mixture levers on the Saitek throttle combo the fiew switches to the outside view. It only does it once per flight.I have a registered FSUIPC with the defaults set and I have checked the settings anyway.I have closed the Saitek profile system though it has no profiles loaded anyway.It is a new install of the OS and FSX.Any ideas!?Steven.
StevenWelcome to the Phantom Key Press IssueI had a similar sort of issue with my saitek throttles. The tale is recounted within this link "http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=207068&st=0&p=1507294entry1507294" - its in the hardware forum. Summary below..."the advice from the saitek forum was to remove the fsuipc.ini file (kept a safe copy elsewhere) from the modules folder. This did the trick and stopped phantom panning!After reading some posts on the pete dowson forum I came across a very similar issue and it appears that the .ini file "picks up" (dont know how - maybe my fault or something else!) repeat button assignments. Eg the top hat on the yoke is assigned and can be seen in the .ini [buttons] section but the same key ref for pan view eg 66416 is also assigned to another controller.hence uncontrolled panning....simple really LOL!removal of the .ini file forces fsuipc to create a new one in fsx without the assignment conflict. The other thing that might help - I havent studied the effect forensically but other advice is around the forums and that is to make sure no button/axis assignments are in the "normal" fsx controls assignment menu."Your issue may be different as its not on constantly but searching around the forum on the saitek website & fsuipc should be quite useful - suggest you dig around and see whether you can find what you need. Searching for "phantom saitek throttle" on avsim forums or on an external search engine may help also.TaGary

StevenWelcome to the Phantom Key Press IssueI had a similar sort of issue with my saitek throttles. The tale is recounted within this link "http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=207068&st=0&p=1507294entry1507294" - its in the hardware forum. Summary below..."the advice from the saitek forum was to remove the fsuipc.ini file (kept a safe copy elsewhere) from the modules folder. This did the trick and stopped phantom panning!
G'day,Hmm. it sounds like those guys had made configuration changes and something screwed up whereas mine is still a default install. I deleted FSUIPC entirely anyway and the problem still occures. The fact that it is caused by the movement on any axis on the saitek throttle is puzzling so it isn't just one axis somehow being mapped to a button press.There was a message saying I could map the axis through FSUIPC and disable them in FSX. I might try that. If that doesn't work I guess I will have to live with it until next time I rebuild where I can test after each install to see what is going on.Steven.

Remember on the Saitek throttle unit there is a button that is pressed when any of the 3 levers is pulled all the way down. Check to see if those buttons are assigned anything in standard.xml or the controls button assignments in fsx. Also be careful with the Saitek mode switch. By default the switch presses one of three buttons, depending on its position.scott s..

Thanks for the thoughts fellas.I unmapped the throttle, prop and mixture axis in FSX and mapped it through FSUIPC and now they work without view switching.Odd.Steven.