Sign in to follow this  
Guest nabain

Virtual View

Guest nabain

Hi,I have an issue with FS9 that I just cannot fix. When using the Virtual View inside the cockpit, I end up seeing a forward view from the front of the aircraft (ie I don't see any of the cockpit or instruments). Additionally, if I use my hat switch on the joystick it just changes straight to that direction and doesnt pan across.Problem with all this is that I cannot pan around the cockpit to look at switches etc.Very frustrating. Help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance!

Hi,You can change YOUR VIEWPOINT in X, Y and Z by using the Ctrl, Shift, or a combination of both together with the Enter and Backspace key. I don't know by heart which combination does what.Best wishes and many flights in a blue sky,Hugo

Guest nabain

Thanks for your reply Hugo, however, if only it was that easy. I was aware of those control but it doesnt seem to work for me. Anyway, I'll keep trying to find a solution. Its a pain because I cannot see some of my lower switches etc in the cockpit.Thanks again! :(

Hi,You can change YOUR VIEWPOINT in X, Y and Z by using the Ctrl, Shift, or a combination of both together with the Enter and Backspace key. I don't know by heart which combination does what.Best wishes and many flights in a blue sky,Hugo

Hi,I have an issue with FS9 that I just cannot fix. When using the Virtual View inside the cockpit, I end up seeing a forward view from the front of the aircraft (ie I don't see any of the cockpit or instruments). Additionally, if I use my hat switch on the joystick it just changes straight to that direction and doesnt pan across.Problem with all this is that I cannot pan around the cockpit to look at switches etc.Very frustrating. Help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance!
Have you tried renaming your FS9.cfg file to FS9.cfg BAK (effectively disabling it) and restarting FS2004 so it will rebuild a fresh copy with all of the original default settings?The FS9.cfg file is hidden by default so be sure you have invoked the "search hidden file and folders" option before searching.Assuming a default installation, that file is located here:C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9You should be able to pan in VC mode - assuming you have not altered the original settings somehow.The minus and plus keys at the top of your keyboard should also alllow you to zoom in and out of the VC view.Good luck! :(