Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeb1

Losing Livery Textures

Guest jeb1

Hi All,Using ASA and XG with extended integration or ASA and REX textures, I have been losing livery textures for both AI aircraft and the plane being flown. If XG or REX don't overwrite aircraft textures then it seems that it may be a memory issue. If that's true then if the OOM problem is addressed in a patch it should fix my problem. But if that's not the case or anybody has a different idea of why I'm losing the aircraft textures, I would appreciate your help and suggestions.ThanksJeb

Guest jeb1
HiI have the E8500 with 4G of DDR3 fast RAM and a Nvidia 9800GTX+ also and yes I cannot use the MD11 for consistantly the same reasons with the fuselage.RegardsBob
I have a Q6600 with 4 GB of DDR 2 RAM and an Nvidia 8800GTX card...Haven't changed video drivers lately so I don't think (but don't know for sure) that is the problem. With the addition of ASA and the texture programs FSX has never looked better for me so I hope this issue can be solved easily.Jeb

I'm getting this as well, in FS9, only started happening now. First my plane and the AI planes lose textures, then everything else a few minutes later, followed by FS9 freezing. This is not a classic OOM, it's not even an OOM, as I've checked on four flights and FS9 wasn't even close to running out of resources. It's pretty weird that ASA seems to be at the root of all these problems.

Guest jeb1

Using ASX with the same environment texture loads from XG and REX, the aircraft textures are ok. So it does seem that losing aircraft textures is related in some way to ASA. Guess I'll stick with ASX until this problem is resolved.Jeb

Hi,I encountered this problem for the first time today 02/01/2009 - 10:00 UTC) with FS9 and AS6.5 at MYNN.The METAR at MYNN was very strange : MYNN 020700Z 06008KT 9999 FEW018 SCCT040 200/16 Q1018 The decoded temperatures on ground were : Temp: -20

Hi,I encountered this problem for the first time today 02/01/2009 - 10:00 UTC) with FS9 and AS6.5 at MYNN.The METAR at MYNN was very strange : MYNN 020700Z 06008KT 9999 FEW018 SCCT040 200/16 Q1018 The decoded temperatures on ground were : Temp: -20

Guest jeb1

Tried some things this morning....running XP OS.and FSX SP2 (no accel). Last week after FSX shutdown with an OOM error just before landing on a flight from KDAL-KTUL, I installed the /3GB switch. So I can boot using XP with and without the switch. When I boot with the switch on, I lose aircraft textures. When I boot with it off everything is ok. I don't begin to understand why. When I got the original OOM error I was using ASA so it may be the same issue others here have posted about here. But the aircraft texture problem for me at least, doesn't seem to be directly ASA related. Any ideas about why the switch would be a problem will be appreciated.ThanksJeb

Guest coops

What switch are you talking about? I got the same problem with ASX in which my aircraft turns black right before the whole thing freezes up. I looked at my Peak Memory and saw that I breached my RAM. This is with ASX and not ASA. I have the same SP2 without accel.