Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Im thinking of buying a geforcefx 5800 ultra

So if you have anything to say good or bad about this card or have used it with FS2002 i would like to know what you think, also how good it is compared to ATI 9700 pro.OHN

Guest Macs

OHN, To be honest,I think it's a bad time to buy a new card,best bet is to wait until the ATI 9800 comes out,there will be a small price drop,wait a little while longer and the prices will eventualy stabilise. New cards are coming out soon.Whats the rush?RegardsJohn Mc Avinuehttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Go with the ATI 9800, not the Nvidia NV30 or whatever it's called now. Go for it because of the surperb FSAA and AF features that blow aways those of the NV30.Robb

The GeforceFX 5800Ultra is on par with the 9700 Pro, but it has inferior image quality, and performance tends to drop when using a lot of AA/AF. Also, it uses a huge, very loud cooling system.The 9800 Pro is faster than the 5800 Ultra. Both the 9700 Pro and 9800Pro are better buys than the FX and they are easier to find. The 5800 Ultra is bound to become a "collector's item" because of the EXTREMELY limited supply of those cards right now.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Yup, get an ATI - either the 9700 Pro or the new 9800 Pro - the GFFX was beaten even by the 9700 in most of the benchmarks I've seen...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes ive heard the cooling system is big and very loud, maybe i should wait for the ATI 9800 pro, but im still very interested in hearing about geforceFX 5800ultra if anybody tried it with FS2002.

Don't think anyone has tried a FX with FS2002 yet. I only know a handful of people who have a GF-FX, let alone the Ultra version, and none of them are simmers.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP